User Tag List

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures & Midweek Fixtures (11/12/13/14/15 May)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think it will be fairly routine for City anyway. Early goal followed by complete control and then maybe another goal or two later on. The only thing that could make it interesting is if Liverpool win tonight. With the final day fixtures in their favour, Spurs could be in striking distance of Villa if they somehow beat City.

It will be quite cringe worthy though watching Spurs fans celebrate with City when the inevitable happens.
    so don't watch - I won't be, but then I never watch Spuds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    so don't watch - I won't be, but then I never watch Spuds
    Normally I wouldn’t bother but it’s just a very intriguing scenario. My Spud mate has no qualms telling me he hopes they’re destroyed.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 13-05-2024 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally I wouldn’t bother but it’s just a very intriguing scenario.
    True and I must admit I did think about it, but I can't bring myself to break my Spuds ban, plus if it goes wrong as you say the cameras will cut to loads of spud morons celebrating and I thikn I can spare myself that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True and I must admit I did think about it, but I can't bring myself to break my Spuds ban, plus if it goes wrong as you say the cameras will cut to loads of spud morons celebrating and I thikn I can spare myself that...
    Watched Spurs a few times this season, usually in games where I’m hopeful they will lose

Watched the last twenty minutes of their game against Wolves at Molineux when they went from winning 1-0 to losing 2-1.

The Chelsea game at Spurs was utter madness and actually quite enjoyable

And obviously the games where we played them where presumably your self-imposed ban wasn’t in effect?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally I wouldn’t bother but it’s just a very intriguing scenario. My Spud mate has no qualms telling me he hopes they’re destroyed.
    Think I posted this before but a mate turned down a ticket on the basis that he doesn't want to sit there watching Spurs hoping they lose.
    I told him I'd go, might even stick on a Spurs shirt

(I'm not really going, for the avoidance of doubt!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sight of Spurs fans celebrating their team losing would surely have to be one of the most pathetic sights in the history of football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The sight of Spurs fans celebrating their team losing would surely have to be one of the most pathetic sights in the history of football.
    Interesting to see how they do react

In 1999 they definitely celebrated the goals by Beckham and Cole in the away end at OT

But I’m not sure what they will do if either they or City score this time around when it’s the home end and presumably you’ll have shy of 60,000 spurs fans.

If the roles were reversed (and if your God exists and he’s not an utter shit stain they never would be) what would we do as fans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to admit, if the choice was either we make the Cl instead of EL but also Spuds win the league, there's no way I'd want us to win - I suspect at the game if we scored I'd kind of cheer a little and clap half-heartedly but not be into it at all - I reckon a lot of people would be the same - another possibility is if it wasn't the last home game of the season, I might just opt out of going to the game

Again though, the players won't give a damn about that they will want CL football so if (as i hope) Villa lose tonight then the fat aussie and the spuds players will give that Citeh game everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to admit, if the choice was either we make the Cl instead of EL but also Spuds win the league, there's no way I'd want us to win - I suspect at the game if we scored I'd kind of cheer a little and clap half-heartedly but not be into it at all - I reckon a lot of people would be the same - another possibility is if it wasn't the last home game of the season, I might just opt out of going to the game

Again though, the players won't give a damn about that they will want CL football so if (as i hope) Villa lose tonight then the fat aussie and the spuds players will give that Citeh game everything
    I largely agree. And I think I’d stay away from the game. As I’d neither want to help a hated rival or celebrate my team losing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a different scenario and I think I've mentioned it here before, but a saw a video once from the QPR end when Citeh won that first title in the last minute - all the QPR fans were shouting 'come on City' because they didn't want Moan U to win the title

ofc QPR knew by then they were safe from relegation so it was effectively a dead rubber for them but still they didn't hold back