User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Everton. 19th May. 16:00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't disagree with any of that, but I find it harder to criticise them too harshly for the Villa one - given that it was the one slip in an otherwise basically flawless run.
    The games over Christmas were easier games which we really should be winning. Villa are in general harder opponents. Still should be beating them at home, but you can't win every game.
    Unless you're City apparently. And, as discussed, we all know how they've got there so, as I may have said: fuck them!
    It’s not about criticism though. It’s about reality

The reality is that the Villa defeat proved more costly than the other two. Might that be harsh given we won fifteen out of seventeen since the start of the year? Yes for sure, but given City’s relentlessness it’s also the cold hard reality.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not going in defeatist tbf because I don't see the point.

4-0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post

4-0.
    Probably realistic scoreline for both us and City

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post

4-0.
    something tells me we'll find it tough - if DCL doesn't get his hatter as I've predicted then maybe it's a close 2-1

although if our guys find out at HT that Citeh are 4-0 up it may make them relax and we'll get a performance like last year's drubbing of whoever-it-was

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

The reality is that the Villa defeat proved more costly than the other two. Might that be harsh given we won fifteen out of seventeen since the start of the year? Yes for sure, but given City’s relentlessness it’s also the cold hard reality.
    But had we won those games over Christmas the we could have afforded a slip in the run in.
    It was those results, and the relentless City juggernaut, which meant we had to be perfect in the run in and any slip was fatal.
    But as I said, if we’d been clear at the top there would have been different pressures. That could have affected other results. Who knows.
    If it all adds up to 89 points then there won’t be any “what ifs” from me even if City do get their expected win to wrap up the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    But had we won those games over Christmas the we could have afforded a slip in the run in.
    It was those results, and the relentless City juggernaut, which meant we had to be perfect in the run in and any slip was fatal.
    But as I said, if we’d been clear at the top there would have been different pressures. That could have affected other results. Who knows.
    If it all adds up to 89 points then there won’t be any “what ifs” from me even if City do get their expected win to wrap up the title.
    We would have been a point clear at the top, and who knows if we would have gone on the run we did

As I’ve said more than once, half way through the season is far too early for any game to prove crucial….

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would have been a point clear at the top, and who knows if we would have gone on the run we did

As I’ve said more than once, half way through the season is far too early for any game to prove crucial….
    True, but it was that period when I felt we lost the momentum in the race.
    We were top at Christmas and then after those two games I felt at the time we were all but out of the title race.
    But I can’t fault the response to that.

Chelsea on course for the women’s title, pipping City on GD.
    It’s a sign! COYI!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cold hard EXPECTED reality. Should have been a surefire 3 points in the bag against that shitty Villa bunch, but we bottled it. In fact we bottled it inalmost every game in the run in but got away with it because we were up against truly shitty opposition. We've been pure shite in the run-in. But better pure shite than the pure shite we were facing. And that's the reality. The gypos are shit too. The whole league is a pile of shit. But they are the best turd on the pile and they've proven it four seasons in a row now. Maybe next year we'll stink a little less and float to the top.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The cold hard EXPECTED reality. Should have been a surefire 3 points in the bag against that shitty Villa bunch, but we bottled it. In fact we bottled it inalmost every game in the run in but got away with it because we were up against truly shitty opposition. We've been pure shite in the run-in. But better pure shite than the pure shite we were facing. And that's the reality. The gypos are shit too. The whole league is a pile of shit. But they are the best turd on the pile and they've proven it four seasons in a row now. Maybe next year we'll stink a little less and float to the top.
    You’re absolutely right

Compared to the hazy drink sodden misrememberings stored in your frazzled hippocampus about how football is played, it’s been unforgivably shit from start to finish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You don’t half talk some shit