User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Everton. 19th May. 16:00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We won 16 of our last 18 games can't do more than that. (well apart from 18 out of 18 )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I'm going to be so pissed off with the players if they don't do the job here.
    I don’t think the players weren’t trying. We unfortunately lack that player to unlock defences that sit deep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't watch because I knew the results in advance, like any observant person did. Did see that Villa got thrashed by Palace. It was over when we lost to Dick's comedy outfit. And the performances just kept getting worse as the run-in unfolded. The record will say we won all our final games. I say play those games again and literally all of them could just as easily be lost. There's definitely something new, more resilience. But it's razor edge while the gypos have actual authority. That's the next step up, winning whilst being in control. Rather than barrelling down the final track and hoping to stay on the rails. You could fluke a title that way, but not against opponents who know how to steer. I reckon if things keep going in the direction they are, in 3-4 seasons (albeit the constant changes that happen in football) we might be able to put up a title challenge and mean it. The gypos outscore us and it counted in the end. We lacked the striker that could have made the difference. Defence is in good shape though. Something to build on.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we knew the game was up and that energy definitely transmitted itself from the fans to the team. Foden’s early goal pretty much killed any crumb of hope.

I had suspected today was going to be a bit of a slog and it turned out to be the case but I’m happy we managed to nick the win in the end.

Anyway, it’s been a good season and with 28 wins chalked up I don’t think we can really be too downbeat although it does feel like crap right now. This is clearly a team that is ready to win the title and now it just comes down to a new signing or two and ensuring we don’t start next season with the same kind of stodgy performances we saw in the first part of this season.

Roll on August.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    2-1 FT. Did our job in the end, fuck everything else.
    Pretty much.
    And I take HCZ’s point about 5 points like last year, but the score at The Ethiad must have come across from the crowd. But I’m glad we did our bit.
    89 points. 28 wins from 38. There were slips here and there but aren’t there always? We’ve only lost out to the best side in PL history. And everyone knows how they got there. So, and I can’t stress this enough, fuck them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    something tells me we'll find it tough - if DCL doesn't get his hatter as I've predicted then maybe it's a close 2-1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a pretty good day yesterday, always good to have the last game of the season at home and good weather for a few jars beforehand - and after

While I had no illusions whatsoever we'd win the league, it was at least a genuine possibility, which made the game more interesting, until Citeh went 3-1 up

Not our greatest performance but as we have lately, we made sure and engineered the win - the players' and Arteta's disappointment afterwards was palpable, but we know by now they will hold that thought and come back stronger next season

Well done to all of them - it's been a good ride and with a few well-chosen signings, we should hope to win something at least next season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the new 24-25 home shirt this morning now I’m going to party like it’s 1989