User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Non 'top 4' PL players who would improve us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Liverpool will get the bump that every new manager brings. The media will go wild. Then it will all settle back. Klopp will need a couple of years to clear out everyone and build a team. Unless he's some sort of miracle worker he won't be doing anything with the squad he has. Woy and Brenda wrecked the place and spent a fortune doing it. That will take a priod of recovery to fix no matter who is in charge. Personally I think they would have been better off with Ancelotti. More chance of a methodical approach with less highs and lows. But Klopp will be a lot more fun of course.
    The only issue have with Ancelotti is that bar his stint at Milan, he doesn't seem to hang around too long, although whether that is all his doing I'm not sure. What also surprises me is his age, 56, when he seems to have been around forever. I think he has also been used to a larger season-on-season budget, which may not be a fit given the current Liverpool set-up, that is certainly something Klopp can do. There are definite pro's and cons for each man but it seems as if Liverpool are going for the German primarily. Either way, turning that club around is a long haul.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool will get the bump that every new manager brings. The media will go wild. Then it will all settle back. Klopp will need a couple of years to clear out everyone and build a team. Unless he's some sort of miracle worker he won't be doing anything with the squad he has. Woy and Brenda wrecked the place and spent a fortune doing it. That will take a priod of recovery to fix no matter who is in charge. Personally I think they would have been better off with Ancelotti. More chance of a methodical approach with less highs and lows. But Klopp will be a lot more fun of course.
    I'm not picky tbf. I'll take either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wouldn't exactly say Rogers wrecked Liverpool as they were only a gerrard slip from winning the league couple of years ago. the problem was after having to sell saurez is trying to replace him with quantity instead of quality. like spurs did when trying to replace Bale.

I heard that Ancelotti probably be going back to Italy and probably only wants a CL club before moving on to manage Italy.

No idea how Klopp will do, he gives his academy players a chance which is good and he did well as his previous club too I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it were us - would we prefer the potential excitement and playing style of Klopp, or the potential consistency of Ancelotti? I think Liverpool like Arsenal are associated with an exciting playing style, so if I were a Liverpool fan, I'd kind of want Klopp more...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter