Plays in a far more advanced role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    He hardly plays in midfield either.

Plays in a far more advanced role
    correct. practically a centre-forward. a position he could never get away with in a good league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Would you still celebrate if you found out you still needed what you sold and you were unable to replace it for under £50m?
    If keeping it meant I would never be able to use it anymore as it was 'not mentally there' and there was the chance that I already had a replacement that was very loyal...yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The £35mill is a myth and includes future payments we don't have to make to Fabregas (nothing to do with Barca) plus a hefty performance related sum, which granted we'll probably get because we just gave away one of the few genuine marquee players. I'f we're factoring in wages we haven't paid him then let's factor in the other wages too. The profit is not so handsome after all.

Selling our best players and not replacing them will cost us our spot in the CL too, so factor that in.

The point with this deal is if the fans don't kick up a right fuss about it RvP and Jack will go on the cheap too. That's the message we are sending out as a club and it's a fucked up message which needs to be corrected. The old, "nobody does well when they leave" mantra can be binned too.

If Wenger personally intervened to let Cesc go for half price then that needs to be remembered come the end of this season and set aside all the other things so a proper decision can be made.
    It was a special circumstance about 1 player wanting only to go to 1 club. That won't happen again. Who even said Wenger intervened, wheres the proof?

Of course he was going to do well when he left, same as Nasri...difference is they forced our hand.

If we really wanted to make a stand about a fee, organise a march or something but moaning on a message board isn't really going to bother the board that much.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess Cesc himself saying Wenger went to the board to convince them to lower the asking fee is proof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Would you still celebrate if you found out you still needed what you sold and you were unable to replace it for under £50m?
    we had our chance over the years to replace him with equal or superior players in ozil, david silva and so on for a fraction but we blew it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess Cesc himself saying Wenger went to the board to convince them to lower the asking fee is proof
    Wheres this quote then?

So what do we do about it then, whine on a messageboard. Speak about it endlessly everytime he scores a goal. Give up, move on. Show your disgust at the stadiun

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Without him I would not be a Barca player now, he convinced the owners of Arsenal, who would not sell under any circumstances, to lower the price."
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/109571.html

I dont give a fuck about Cesc or him going. I do give a fuck about Arsenal and we came out the losers getting such a shit price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/109571.html

I dont give a fuck about Cesc or him going. I do give a fuck about Arsenal and we came out the losers getting such a shit price
    would you rather have a captain who doesnt give a shit and cant be arsed to play or 5m pound less in the bank but no disruptive influence from him. i know what i want

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    would you rather have a captain who doesnt give a shit and cant be arsed to play or 5m pound less in the bank but no disruptive influence from him. i know what i want
    Id rather have £40m+ which clubs would have paid.

As soon as Cesc stated his desire to leave then he should have been put on the market. We shouldnt have given a toss about where he wanted to go. We should have looked after ourselves and got the best price possible. Barca would have paid £40m. Of that there is no doubt but Wenger is an awful manager these days