Page 151 of 163 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1622

Thread: EU Referendum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Just seen, Boris is back as Foreign Secretary! Oh boy this is going to be comedy viewing, Boris off to work with all those he's insulted over the years. He's going to be at the forefront of Brexit negotiating our deals
    It's hardly surprising really. Boris got behind May as did Liam Fox. Gove tried to see it out to the end because the snake knew no-one else wanted him. And that Crabb-eyed cunt would be in there too if he hadn't of been sabotaged with those texts with his bit on the side. There was no leadership contest, everyone knew who the leader was going to be and they sure as hell weren't going to allow their members the opportunity to decide. Just a reminder to them as to who runs the show. They rolled out a bunch of stooges, deals were made to take care of them for doing so and because Gove got a bit too greedy with his Cameron/Johnson actions, he was the fall guy.

These figureheads don't actually formuate any deals or discussions, or even policies. Options, opinions and feedback are given to them from within the party and they go with whatever dirty deal they can put together that suits all parties - which is without question influenced by the corporations funding them - which is why they always come back with deals the ordinary person is never happy with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    It's hardly surprising really. Boris got behind May as did Liam Fox. Gove tried to see it out to the end because the snake knew no-one else wanted him. And that Crabb-eyed cunt would be in there too if he hadn't of been sabotaged with those texts with his bit on the side. There was no leadership contest, everyone knew who the leader was going to be and they sure as hell weren't going to allow their members the opportunity to decide. Just a reminder to them as to who runs the show. They rolled out a bunch of stooges, deals were made to take care of them for doing so and because Gove got a bit too greedy with his Cameron/Johnson actions, he was the fall guy.

These figureheads don't actually formuate any deals or discussions, or even policies. Options, opinions and feedback are given to them from within the party and they go with whatever dirty deal they can put together that suits all parties - which is without question influenced by the corporations funding them - which is why they always come back with deals the ordinary person is never happy with.
    I agree Kano, it was all decided a while ago, there wasn't a contest.

About Boris, I just feel it's quite ironic given Boris's numerous insults and gaffes to various Global government ministers that he's going to be the Foreign Secretary, made me chuckle seeing him appointed in that role. The Liam Fox appointment as Secretary Of State for International Trade pushes him close though, he was sacked in disgrace 5 years ago and rightly so yet he's now one of the most important figures within government, nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the EU are already softening their stance on negotiations as predicted, you can't take this organisation seriously. We've heard all the scare stories and they didn't work and now everyone is backtracking realising they haven't got a leg to stand on or really can't afford to do the things they threatened.

May is known as a tough negotiator apparently, the guy in charge of the Brexit is anti EU as well which will help with negotiations, it's all looking better than the car crash we were promised by the remain faithful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Osborne getting kicked out was great, he was an awful Chancellor and his claims before the referendum were embarrassing and cringeworthy to say the least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we can all agree that everything Zim says is right so long as you move the goalposts enough and ignore facts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not shifted any goalposts I dont know what you're talking about, I've stuck to what I said all along. I'm just commenting on what I was expecting to happen, basically they all tried to scaremonger people into voting remain, it didn't work and now all the rubbish they came out with to try and influence voters is having to be backtracked on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing has even been agreed with the EU or anyone else yet so it's too early to tell what of the scaremongering, if any, will come true.
    But the Leave campaign immediately backtracked on the £350m lie and admitted there's no certainty about controlling immigration. Again, it's too early to tell for sure.
    The EU will do a deal with us, obviously. What shape that will take is to be decided. Anything you or I say about what it will be is speculation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Nothing has even been agreed with the EU or anyone else yet so it's too early to tell what of the scaremongering, if any, will come true.
    But the Leave campaign immediately backtracked on the £350m lie and admitted there's no certainty about controlling immigration. Again, it's too early to tell for sure.
    The EU will do a deal with us, obviously. What shape that will take is to be decided. Anything you or I say about what it will be is speculation.
    Not but originally they were adamant no concessions would be made, the UK would have to deal with the consequences etc but low and behold now they are saying they are open to negotiations and that they want a good relationship with the UK etc etc

As for controlling immigration, orginally they pretty much said no chance, but now there's murmurs of being open to a deal, moreover Theresa May is a hard negotiator and I've got no doubt we'll end up with controlled immigration which is what everyone wants.

You keep mentioning the £350 million but that's the one thing they've backtracked on wherease the remain have backtracked on so much more, it just shows that essentially they were just saying things to make people vote remain, a lot of things, tho no doubt did as well but not as much IMO.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    And the worst government....... in the world.
    Well Labour do have a Jeremy at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I agree Kano, it was all decided a while ago, there wasn't a contest.

About Boris, I just feel it's quite ironic given Boris's numerous insults and gaffes to various Global government ministers that he's going to be the Foreign Secretary, made me chuckle seeing him appointed in that role. The Liam Fox appointment as Secretary Of State for International Trade pushes him close though, he was sacked in disgrace 5 years ago and rightly so yet he's now one of the most important figures within government, nice.
    You know what, this is exactly what I was going to post. For all of the annoyance about Boris, the real fox in sheep's clothing (excuse the pun) is Liam Fox. The guy is absolutely corrupt and bent. Speaking as someone of Sri Lankan heritage, he's a guy that took gifts from a previous genocidal regime there (and failed to declare them), had a "business associate" try and profit from his official foreign trips as defence minister etc etc........................................... and now he's made International Trade Minister where he has to woo other countries (and get wooed himself) and make deals ........ yeah what can go wrong there. I can tolerate the others (Davis is a good man even if I disagree with him and the worse that Boris will do is just embarrass us) but I'm livid about Fox's reappointment - it's a complete disgrace tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah this.

Amazing that Zim can make such bold predictions after literally three weeks. It's going to take at least half a decade to fully analyse the effects of this if that ...... probably closer to a decade.

But with our growth forecasts being revised and our economy literally overnight falling from the 5th largest to 6th largest due to how much the pound fell then the signs aren't good. My fear is that we're going to get a lost decade of teenagers .......... may not be a concern to those already in good employment or well-off but not good for a country. The real irony as well being that it was teenagers who voted in mass to stay but the old farts who voted to leave.
    Last edited by The Emirates Gallactico; 15-07-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Not but originally they were adamant no concessions would be made, the UK would have to deal with the consequences etc but low and behold now they are saying they are open to negotiations and that they want a good relationship with the UK etc etc

As for controlling immigration, orginally they pretty much said no chance, but now there's murmurs of being open to a deal, moreover Theresa May is a hard negotiator and I've got no doubt we'll end up with controlled immigration which is what everyone wants.

You keep mentioning the £350 million but that's the one thing they've backtracked on wherease the remain have backtracked on so much more, it just shows that essentially they were just saying things to make people vote remain, a lot of things, tho no doubt did as well but not as much IMO.
    I keep mentioning the £350 million because it was painted on the side of their f***ing bus! It was always a lie, they immediately admitted it was a lie.
    As for the rest, as I said yes of course they will do a deal with us but we already had a deal with them - we weren't a full member of the EU in certain ways, we had rebates and concessions. Will we now get a better deal with them? We can keep going "Oh yes we will", "Oh no we won't" like kids at a pantomime but the truth is we don't know right now.