User Tag List

Page 432 of 458 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 4574

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery and Recriminations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We didn't just leave it late though, we were looking at other targets and when those didn't work out we had to look elsewhere. The players we've got weren't our first choice but overall I think it's been a pretty decent transfer window. It's certainly looking a lot better than a week ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should of set a deadline ourselves to have the players in the squad before the start of the season, that was the biggest mistake. By all means look at other targets but being up and running by the first weekend should have been possible. If you can't get the main targets in by then, go to option B or C sooner, rather than later. Perez had a release clause, so he could've come in 3 weeks ago. Especially on the defensive side of things. That disaster of a first game could of been avoided and we should at least be looking at having 5 points, without 5 goals conceded already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed about getting people in by the start of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vardy shouldn't have been allowed to mug us off for as long as he did. Still, what's done is done and I just hope we done see the effort levels fluctuate.

I think it would have been wiser to negotiate a recall option for Wilshere and sorry to see Gnabry go, but we can only accommodate so many young pretenders which is why the likes of Zelalem, Willock, Akpom really need to be following Wishere down to Grandma sands.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to goal.com (R.I.P. Cripps) and various Arsenal ITK's on twitter Sturridge's agent has been desperately trying to flog him to us today.

Just what we need, another crock to keep Welbeck company in the treatment room.

Goal.com claim that Daniel Sturridge's representatives approached Arsenal in the hope of getting the Gunners to make a loan bid for their man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I've often bored Herbert with, he is the last player on this green earth Wenger will sign. Not because of his dreadful injury record, but because of his serial greediness. Absolutely will not pass it when you want him to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Sturridge by the end of the day at Arsenal, if he doesn't get on with the boss and doesn't start why keep him.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see it happening tbh.

Not today, anyway.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    As I've often bored Herbert with, he is the last player on this green earth Wenger will sign. Not because of his dreadful injury record, but because of his serial greediness. Absolutely will not pass it when you want him to.
    Yeah true. Funny but there's no way it's happening.

Mind you, we could do with some greediness up front given our propensity to pass the ball into the net and not be ruthless in front of goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No chance we will sign Sturridge.

Though I do think he's developed into a decent striker, I don't think he suits us at all.