User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RVP should pay in the Bergkamp role and not as a striker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Im talking about when we bought Park. Lets be real how many top strikers would want to come to us. no one knows who we bidded for really. we was never going to get an Ageuro or a Dzeko to high wage demands.

Im sure their is better then park but like you say he sells shirts so maybe why he was bought.

the board see this season a write off so why waste the wage bill when much might not happen.
    Thing is though it doesn't matter when we bought Park, we had plenty of time to sign someone before if we wanted them.

As for players not wanting to come, with Wenger in charge probably true after all who wants to play for a guy who openly admits that winning isn't important and who accepts laughable collapses every season without changing anything...however if you don't try you don't get, bet you would have never thought West Ham could have signed Tevez and Mascherano.
    Last edited by Özim; 11-10-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Thing is though it doesn't matter when we bought Park, we had plenty of time to sign someone before if we wanted them.

As for players not wanting to come, with Wenger in charge probably true after all who wants to play for a guy who openly admits that winning isn't important and who accepts laughable collapses every season without changing anything...however if you don't try you don't get, bet you would have never thought West Ham could have signed Tevez and Mascherano.
    What an absolute load of bollocks.

And why keep bringing up West ham's somewhat dodgy deal with Kia Joorchabian to "sign" Tevez/Mash You now that West Ham had to pay out massive fines due to fielding Tevez right? Due to the 3rd party ownership rules, you are also aware that they are in the championship now?

Charlie makes a valid if somewhat painful point about who we could have signed. Any top player, or at least their agent, is going to sell themselves to the big bucks clubs as they know they essentially name their own price. As soon as we are interested in a player you can bet your arse their agent is on the phone to citeh trying to get a few more grand a week. Which in turn makes it harder and harder to sign top players.

In terms of who would play for Wenger, well pretty much everyone actually. But if they can get an extra £5k a week playing up the road they will do that instead. That's just how modern football works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    What an absolute load of bollocks.

And why keep bringing up West ham's somewhat dodgy deal with Kia Joorchabian to "sign" Tevez/Mash You now that West Ham had to pay out massive fines due to fielding Tevez right? Due to the 3rd party ownership rules, you are also aware that they are in the championship now?

Charlie makes a valid if somewhat painful point about who we could have signed. Any top player, or at least their agent, is going to sell themselves to the big bucks clubs as they know they essentially name their own price. As soon as we are interested in a player you can bet your arse their agent is on the phone to citeh trying to get a few more grand a week. Which in turn makes it harder and harder to sign top players.

In terms of who would play for Wenger, well pretty much everyone actually. But if they can get an extra £5k a week playing up the road they will do that instead. That's just how modern football works.
    Absolute nonsense.

There's other examples, VDV, Juninho, Klinsmann the list goes on...

Not all footballers sign just for the money, if you show ambition and sell them your vision you can convince players to come. We're still a big club and if we were ambitious and sold them the idea that we want to be the best and win it would be a lot easier to sign players, problem is we're cheap and settle for 4th so what can you say.

Other clubs manage to sign quality after all. Small club mentality is setting in at this club, even the fans think we're nobodies now....well done Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolute nonsense.

There's other examples, VDV, Juninho, Klinsmann the list goes on...

Not all footballers sign just for the money, if you show ambition and sell them your vision you can convince players to come. We're still a big club and if we were ambitious and sold them the idea that we want to be the best and win it would be a lot easier to sign players, problem is we're cheap and settle for 4th so what can you say.

Other clubs manage to sign quality after all. Small club mentality is setting in at this club, even the fans think we're nobodies now....well done Wenger
    So just so i have this right in my head, you are saying that Wenger never tries to sign anyone other than those we have signed and that the ones we do sign are all shit. However the players that other managers sign by this magical method that Arsene hasn't figured out are awesome in every way? Other clubs sign quality? So you don't think the likes of Arteta and Metersacker are quality?

You also completely ignored the money thing, of course.

Also Klinsmann and Juninho? Really? You know when Spurs signed Klinnsman we signed Bergkamp right? and Dennis didn't look for the door first chance he had like the German. VDV as well He who Harry has told he can leave as he cant guarantee him first team football.

What i don't understand about you Zimm is that if everything is wrong with the club and so fundamentally annoys you in every way, while all the other clubs are soooo brilliant why don't you go and "follow" one of those?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So just so i have this right in my head, you are saying that Wenger never tries to sign anyone other than those we have signed and that the ones we do sign are all shit. However the players that other managers sign by this magical method that Arsene hasn't figured out are awesome in every way? Other clubs sign quality? So you don't think the likes of Arteta and Metersacker are quality?

You also completely ignored the money thing, of course.

Also Klinsmann and Juninho? Really? You know when Spurs signed Klinnsman we signed Bergkamp right? and Dennis didn't look for the door first chance he had like the German. VDV as well He who Harry has told he can leave as he cant guarantee him first team football.

What i don't understand about you Zimm is that if everything is wrong with the club and so fundamentally annoys you in every way, while all the other clubs are soooo brilliant why don't you go and "follow" one of those?
    I don't think Wenger ever goes for the players he should be going for these days, if he does go in for someone he drastically under bids, if you want a good example of how deluded the guy is look no further than the Baptista deal we tried to broker from Sevilla a few years back. Baptista says he's not leaving as he wants his Spanish passport and Wenger is still saying he's hopeful of a deal...the guy is totall clueless.

Arteta is good, but make no mistake at 29 and injury prone we were always going to get him on the cheap due to his age, we did it with Rosicky after all, I don't mind signing him my problem is that he's the replacement for Cesc a younger superior version and we can't build a team with him in it because realistically he'll be past it in a couple years. As for Mertersacker don't get me started, never thought the guy was any good at all, still don't think he's all that...hasn't helped our leaky defence at all that's for sure.

There are just two things wrong with the club IMO, the greedy f*ckers at the top who just want to milk as much money out of the fans as they can and that clueless idiot in charge of the team who is also to blame because at the end of the day he's getting rich at our expense......36 million he's made in the last 6 years......not bad for the job he's been doing.....find me another job where he'd get paid that much for failure.

What makes me laugh is that you were laughing at my opinions a few years back and yet I'd already tweeked that Wenger was screwing things up.......
    Last edited by Özim; 11-10-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the guy is totally clueless.
    Oh come on now you dont win 3 premierships and 4 FA cups if you are a "clueless idiot" now do you. (Also you are surely not saying you wish we had spent the extra £5mil on Baptista? he didnt exactly have the best of times for us when he came did he.)

Also Arteta isn't Cesc's replacement, Wilshere is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh come on now you dont win 3 premierships and 4 FA cups if you are a "clueless idiot" now do you. (Also you are surely not saying you wish we had spent the extra £5mil on Baptista? he didnt exactly have the best of times for us when he came did he.)

Also Arteta isn't Cesc's replacement, Wilshere is.
    That was 6 years ago now, in 6 years he's done nothing to suggest he can ever repeat any of success.....I don't know any other top manager that went from winning loads to winning nothing so quickly but they way he did it suggests he is somewhat clueless.

We had a pacey, powerful team full of leaders and hunger to succeed and yet he builds a slow, weak team with no leadership and no desire......if that's not clueless I don't know what it, on top of that he totally ignores the basics of football upon which all successful teams are built, a good defence, leadership, organisation and efficient players who work well together.

Those early successes are a long time ago now and it's hard not to have some doubts as to whether it was his management ability or just the fact he was signed players who just clicked together on the back of a defence built by another manager and a player signed by another manager (Bergkamp).

Looking at him today, if he'd started his career like this people would have labelled him incompetent and he would have been out on his ear......would have been hard to argue with them too.
    Last edited by Özim; 11-10-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was 6 years ago now, in 6 years he's done nothing to suggest he can ever repeat any of success.....I don't know any other top manager that went from winning loads to winning nothing so quickly but they way he did it suggests he is somewhat clueless.

We had a pacey, powerful team full of leaders and hunger to succeed and yet he builds a slow, weak team with no leadership and no desire......if that's not clueless I don't know what it, on top of that he totally ignores the basics of football upon which all successful teams are built, a good defence, leadership, organisation and efficient players who work well together.

Those early successes are a long time ago now and it's hard not to have some doubts as to whether it was his management ability or just the fact he was signed players who just clicked together on the back of a defence built by another manager and a player signed by another manager (Bergkamp).

Looking at him today, if he'd started his career like this people would have labelled him incompetent and he would have been out on his ear......would have been hard to argue with them too.
    not really fair. We have been in 1 CL final plus a cupla Carlings. We also collapsed in 2 really good attempts at the league. We could b sitting with those 3 cups at least under our belt. wouldve put at end to this winless 6 year crap. If we hadnt, and also hadnt finished in the top 4 each year, then maybe clueless is fine to say BUT we have challenged at certain points in the past 6 years. not reaching any final and not even having an attempt at the league, like say pool have not done for a while, would be more worrying for me! the fact we did not win those trophies were cos of onfield matters

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has defended his decision to field captain Robin van Persie as a striker, despite claims from former Gunner Dennis Bergkamp that the Dutchman is being misused.

The Arsenal legend insisted that the 27-year-old was not being played in his natural position, and that Wenger should field a more natural striker to shoulder the goals burden with Van Persie.

But the Arsenal boss has responded to these claims ahead of the clubs clash with Sunderland on Sunday, insisting his captain is more suited in a team rather than an individual position.

"Robin's best position is on the football pitch,” Wenger told reporters.

“On the right, on the left, up front, behind the striker, he can play everywhere. It's as simple as that.

"He is most suited to the team and adapted [and] adjusted to the quality of the other players. In this position he has scored 26 goals in 32 games so you cannot say he is in a bad position because the numbers go against you.

"But you have to be open-minded. He can play as well behind the striker, on the right and on the left.

"When I bought him he played on the left wing. At Feyenoord he has been educated like that. I put him central, because he is a quality player."

Wenger has been under constant pressure this season with his team having delivered a number of below-par performances, placing them just 15th in the table.

Arsenal face the Sunderland on Sunday at the Emirates, and Wenger is hopeful that his team will walk away with all three points, choosing to concentrate on the game ahead than comment on his side’s future.

"What we can hope for and what we want to achieve is to win our next game. There's seven games played and we had some difficult away games.

"I am convinced we have good potential, we have rebuilt the team and of course we were a bit disturbed at the start of the season for different reasons, but we just want to focus on short term. At the moment we are not in a position to make long term plans."
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...-to-play-robin

Wenger needs to STFU and listen to Bergkamp whos probably forgotten more about football than Wenger has ever known

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVP is more than good enough to play up front as an out and out striker.

Dennis should stick to his shite ass assistant coaching.