Where?
    Primark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15868793

I can hear the Daily Mail spluttering in indignation from here.
    Syn wont be happy, he will have to open his own doors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    The newcomers need to blend in to an extent - sure. However, this country has never been static and has gained from different people coming here - sometimes in waves, sometimes as a steady trickle - the latter being preferable as change is gradual and a good degree of stability remains.

I like the mix that we get here but I don't for one moment thing that people coming here should have carte blanche to do and live just as they choose. I do not, for instance, think that children of non-English speaking families should have schools accommodate their language - they should all be required to attend school with English as the language to be used. It is not, as you suggest, racist to require that. When I went to work in Germany, I accepted that I would have to learn the language and use it in all areas because, quite simply, I was in Germany. I accepted their ways of doing things even if I was used to things being different in Britain. I fully accepted that if the way they wanted to do things was not to my liking, then I should bugger off somewhere else. We should do the same.

I would accept immigration to this country provided there is an indication of the desire to stand on their own two feet and join in, accepting the British ways of living. That does not mean, for instance, that muslims could not have mosques, etc. but it would have to be accepted that the rules we play by are the rules that have to be applied. The Daily Heil plays the fear game and plays it well to their audience. The bleeding so-called liberals who want to give way on anything play to theirs. I don't accept either of them are right but until we can get a sensible forum to discuss things - like GW, for instance! - people are not going to get a sensible resolution.
    I suggested a while back that the country should be run by various individuals from GW, but as usual anything sensible gets shouted down in this place (which is why I think we'd make an effective parliament).
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I suggested a while back that the country should be run by various individuals from GW, but as usual anything sensible gets shouted down in this place (which is why I think we'd make an effective parliament).
    Can i be minister for health? Then i can actually approve the use of my budget

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The newcomers need to blend in to an extent - sure. However, this country has never been static and has gained from different people coming here - sometimes in waves, sometimes as a steady trickle - the latter being preferable as change is gradual and a good degree of stability remains.

I like the mix that we get here but I don't for one moment thing that people coming here should have carte blanche to do and live just as they choose. I do not, for instance, think that children of non-English speaking families should have schools accommodate their language - they should all be required to attend school with English as the language to be used. It is not, as you suggest, racist to require that. When I went to work in Germany, I accepted that I would have to learn the language and use it in all areas because, quite simply, I was in Germany. I accepted their ways of doing things even if I was used to things being different in Britain. I fully accepted that if the way they wanted to do things was not to my liking, then I should bugger off somewhere else. We should do the same.

I would accept immigration to this country provided there is an indication of the desire to stand on their own two feet and join in, accepting the British ways of living. That does not mean, for instance, that muslims could not have mosques, etc. but it would have to be accepted that the rules we play by are the rules that have to be applied. The Daily Heil plays the fear game and plays it well to their audience. The bleeding so-called liberals who want to give way on anything play to theirs. I don't accept either of them are right but until we can get a sensible forum to discuss things - like GW, for instance! - people are not going to get a sensible resolution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    close the borders and tell em all to feck off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    close the borders and tell em all to feck off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All they do is bloody moan about life here when they get here anyway, where do they think they are going Heaven? Its too cold, its rains a lot, the taxes are too high, too much crime, Paedo's in every playground, street gangs and knife wielding teenagers in every shopping centre. That's England, like it or fuck off back to ubeckturnikstan or whever the fuck you are from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then there's the French.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then there's the French.
    Not exactly a great societal need to bring the French population into England though. You can burn your own sheep