User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is "Chav" an offensive term?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofnn View Post
    Going back to the term "Chav"... which (rightly or wrongly) is an acronym for "Council Housed And Violent". Although the term is very stereotypical, you would only usually refer that particular term to someone you felt was like that... i.e. the tracksuit, joint, can of tennants export, tipped cap & a high pitched voice screaming for a fight! Calling them the name can be seen as a badge of honour, like the ASBO! In that sense, I wouldn't say it's offensive!

Also Chav doesn't refer to a person's financial status (as such) therefore most of the conversation about tax evasion/avoidance is pretty irrelevant... and IMHO is another topic in itself! That said, it angers me a hell of a lot that I'm out working all these hours and paying my taxes month in month out... and there's people out there, who CAN work, who are sitting on their arses all day doing naff all and claiming benefits... because they can! The people who have got used to popping down the job center every couple of weeks to get their dole money... maybe even pop another kid or two out so that they can get more!
    And at least one staffi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just call everyone cunts. Tar all with the same brush. Offensive? Yes. Single anyone out? No.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buys 2011 real stone island jacket, thinks anyone gives a shit - knob
    buys 2011 fake stone island jacket, doesnt realise that most dont care and a certain few know its fake - chav.

offensive? yeah probably. Thats the idea anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is Chav?
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I just call everyone cunts. Tar all with the same brush. Offensive? Yes. Single anyone out? No.
    Shut up cunt.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Chav's Prayer

Our Father who art in prison, even Mum knows not his name, thy chavdom come, u'll read The Sun, in Newport which is in Cardiff, give us this day our Welfare bread and forgive us our ASBO's as we happy slap those who got ASBO's against us, lead us not into employment but deliver us… free housing, for thine is the Chavdom, the Burberry and the WKD, forever and ever... Innit!...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissie View Post
    The Chav's Prayer

Our Father who art in prison, even Mum knows not his name, thy chavdom come, u'll read The Sun, in Newport which is in Cardiff, give us this day our Welfare bread and forgive us our ASBO's as we happy slap those who got ASBO's against us, lead us not into employment but deliver us… free housing, for thine is the Chavdom, the Burberry and the WKD, forever and ever... Innit!...
    Hehe - I had no idea you'd been to my street

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissie View Post
    The Chav's Prayer

Using that.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It make me chuckle lol