User Tag List

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 4 Trophy Run-in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    very true, but I fancy us to put up a better show in the PL, you only have to look at the contrasting efforts against spuds in the PL and league cup to know which competition our players know is more important
    Time will tell, but at best we'll get a draw I reckon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    It's irrelevant whether it's a fair reflection or not, the matches have already been played.
    I think when things are going well, it's much better to point out the negatives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    I think when things are going well, it's much better to point out the negatives.

Zim’s gotta Zim.

I think he’s pretty much right here though.
    Utd are probably favourites for 4th right now.
    If we are ahead of them after we play them, or within a couple of points I think we will have a chance

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Your stat about us getting more points than them was also somewhat irrelevant, it doesn't paint an accurate picture of the current reality, that being Man U are are playing like much better team at the moment than they were earlier in the season (under a different manager).

If you want something more reprensentative, then the fact they beat us when we were at home in the cup is more apt.
    How is it irrelevant, you said we struggled against the top sides, we are above two others on points earned so far.

Man Utd matched our result to Liverpool at home under Solskjaer the great.

Using the FA Cup as indicator for the league is an interesting concept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is it irrelevant, you said we struggled against the top sides, we are above two others on points earned so far.

Man Utd matched our result to Liverpool at home under Solskjaer the great.

Using the FA Cup as indicator for the league is an interesting concept.
    It is because we have and I never mentioned Man U, but the point is Man U under their new manager can't be compared to Man U under Mourinho where they struggled and we're miles behind us.

Yes they did but having lost 3 key players on the day a draw was a pretty good result, moreover last time we played Liverpool hammered us.

Man U are a completely different team now under Solkjaer, because the players are playing for him, they weren't for Mourinho, they also have a better team overall.

It's pretty relevant given it was fairly recently and a game under Solkjaer, they beat us 3-1 at the Emirates, yes we've now won a couple games, but Man U haven't lost (other than against PSG) under Solkjaer and have won most of their games.

As I said a draw is probably the best we can hope for, we lack the quality to go toe to toe with them, a couple games isn't going to change that, until recently we were playing really poorly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think top 4 will be tough, Man U are in great form and getting results, whilst we've beaten the smaller teams on the whole we've struggled against top sides, Europa Leaugue is still our best hope.
    Never mentioned Man Utd?

No mention of us losing both our starting centre backs against Man Utd in the FA Cup but quickly point out in an initial response to 0-0 with Liverpool of their injury issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mentioned Man Utd?

No mention of us losing both our starting centre backs against Man Utd in the FA Cup but quickly point out in an initial response to 0-0 with Liverpool of their injury issues.
    Do you mean the centre backs in the defence that had been shipping goals left right and centre all season....please.

Man U are a better side and I don't see us beating them as it stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean the centre backs in the defence that had been shipping goals left right and centre all season....please.

Don't agree, our cup performances against top sides haven't been as good our league games, so either unconsciously or deliberately we've been playing like we know it's the league that matters.

I think if we have the same energy and cohesiveness we've showed in the last two games we've got every chance of winning, the crowd will be so up for it
    Last edited by Mac76; 01-03-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Koscielny and Socrates are pretty good when they play together - or are you seriously suggesting you'd rather have Mustafi and Xhaka in there for 27 minutes of a match?

They're fifth so until otherwise the case, they aren't better than us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Don't agree, our cup performances against top sides haven't been as good our league games, so either unconsciously or deliberately we've been playing like we know it's the league that matters.

I think if we have the same energy and cohesiveness we've showed in the last two games we've got every chance of winning, the crowd will be so up for it
    I’m not sure Man Utd will ever lose a game again. They’re great.