User Tag List

Page 10 of 158 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: What now for Walcott?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the game of striker to me. They can be anonymous for long periods and then suddenly pounce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Sounds like the game of striker to me. They can be anonymous for long periods and then suddenly pounce.
    except with walcott, the long periods tend to be about 8 games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common sense should tell you that wingers won't get as many scoring opportunities as strikers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common sense should tell you that wingers won't get as many scoring opportunities as strikers.
    Just remember who youre replying to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Just remember who youre replying to
    I know, I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only he were just anonymous in that game instead of eye-catchingly bad. Two goals just were about worth it I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he kept it simple and just tried little one twos that only contribute to more tippy tappy play, then he'd probably get away with a lot. But he's the type of player that needs to be in the box and around the final third more. Wenger needs to move him there. Also, it doesn't help that whoever is playing on the left is often anonymous or ineffective when we're struggling and traditionally, the left side is our most creative side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen enough improvement from him over the last year to say that we should definitely do everything we can to keep him. Even in the 2 pre-season games, he's probably been our best player. His movements much better these days, and he's more willing to take positions all over the attacking third to try and influence the game, rather than wait to be given the ball. Sure, he still needs to work on his technical dribbling skills, but his shooting, all round awareness and crossing has improved a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has definitely improved. Pulls off some impressive shit these days. And thence follows it up with some schoolboy cack which makes you want to chuck your pint glass at the screen (for us glory-shunters who no longer go to games). He is a fucking idiot and I hate him. But he is very lovable too. Difficult one to call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can be frustrating, but had a good run from February last season - enough of a run to suggest he is worth another contract assuming his demands are realistic. He also had a good EC when played. If he does sign an extension, and it does not look to be working out - he will have resale value.