User Tag List

View Poll Results: The Nasri Gamble: Do you think we should:

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sell him now for a sizeable sum?

24 66.67%
  • Keep him for the season and risk losing him for free?

12 33.33%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Nasri Gamble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    then you might as well smash your head off the nearest wall, pretty much the same thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    then you might as well smash your head off the nearest wall, pretty much the same thing
    This is the trouble with the world, the people who could do something about the money bullshit that's pulling everything down are the ones who say nothing can be done. Some can't even be bothered getting angry about it, it's beneath them to complain about being fucked in the arse. If we do the sensible thing and accept that footballers are just a bunch of money grabbing cunts, and obviously if we accept the team is made up of these players then it begs the question - who are we cheering for? Why are we cheering? Did we ever just support a badge? Or a stadium or a colour? I urge anyone thinking of buying a shirt this year to put Bergkamp or Adams on the back rather than any of the shitheads currently in the team, apart from the odd exception (perhaps, we'll see in time). Maybe Bergie and Adams still have rights, give the extra money to them instead of the cunts. There are things that can be done to fight greed, plenty of things. Trouble is most people capitulate before a single shot is fired. No, it isn't worth banging my head against a wall but it is worth speaking up and calling Nasri what he is - a greedy, disloyal, deceitful cunt. Because that's what he is and when was it ever wrong to tell the truth?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's escapism that means little else. for 90 minutes you care about what they do with the football at their feet and everything else around that means f all.

why are bergie or adams stand out characters more so than nasri? are we to believe that players from decades past are more honourable people just because they stayed at a football club for a long time and why does honour matter in a sports world that really has little meaning in the grander scheme of things? until agent power took over, players were treated like bitches and had little or no option but to wait until the club decided to shift them on. are we to believe that if the options that exist nowadays existed back then that there wouldn't have been the same level of greed from players? of course there would.

look, your one man army stance is nice and romantic at times and it fits in well to a internet football forum that is, like fandom, distanced from reality.

if i want to 'fight' greed, then you are right, there are plenty of smaller yet more meaningful ways of doing so. but i'll continue to do them in the real world where it matters and not worry my pretty little head about whether or not a football player deserves a pay rise or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's escapism that means little else. for 90 minutes you care about what they do with the football at their feet and everything else around that means f all.

why are bergie or adams stand out characters more so than nasri? are we to believe that players from decades past are more honourable people just because they stayed at a football club for a long time and why does honour matter in a sports world that really has little meaning in the grander scheme of things? until agent power took over, players were treated like bitches and had little or no option but to wait until the club decided to shift them on. are we to believe that if the options that exist nowadays existed back then that there wouldn't have been the same level of greed from players? of course there would.

look, your one man army stance is nice and romantic at times and it fits in well to a internet football forum that is, like fandom, distanced from reality.

if i want to 'fight' greed, then you are right, there are plenty of smaller yet more meaningful ways of doing so. but i'll continue to do them in the real world where it matters and not worry my pretty little head about whether or not a football player deserves a pay rise or not.
    Pretty much.

He's still a a Lesbo though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The highlighted fragment stands out for me. What you really should have said is you fully understand the financial side of sport but don't have a clue about any of the rest of it. It's also a bit weird and contradictory you should view sport as escapism when your ideal appears to be stark "reality" and the elimination of "romance". I also take note of your language, "one man army", do you know who else uses that tactic? Propagandists. Isolation, ridicule and a demand for the rational to be placed above the emotional in all cases even when it means the elimination of the latter. Forgive me but your "real" world sounds fucking miserable to me and it's hard to imagine any well adjusted human being would want to live in it. But the thing that fails to surprise me above all else is the happy coincidence of this "real world" view you demonstrate with such proficiency. The coincidence that challenges the victim to "get with" the "realities" the perp has created. It makes me wonder about the, "plenty of smaller yet more meaningful ways", you confront greed - are they so small they are invisible, by any chance? Like you mean well but reality is always getting in the way?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree both with NQ and TT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Terry Tuffnutz was saying that was necessarily his view. It's just the reality of the circus that is football today.

It's like crying about Santa not existing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The highlighted fragment stands out for me. What you really should have said is you fully understand the financial side of sport but don't have a clue about any of the rest of it. It's also a bit weird and contradictory you should view sport as escapism when your ideal appears to be stark "reality" and the elimination of "romance". I also take note of your language, "one man army", do you know who else uses that tactic? Propagandists. Isolation, ridicule and a demand for the rational to be placed above the emotional in all cases even when it means the elimination of the latter. Forgive me but your "real" world sounds fucking miserable to me and it's hard to imagine any well adjusted human being would want to live in it. But the thing that fails to surprise me above all else is the happy coincidence of this "real world" view you demonstrate with such proficiency. The coincidence that challenges the victim to "get with" the "realities" the perp has created. It makes me wonder about the, "plenty of smaller yet more meaningful ways", you confront greed - are they so small they are invisible, by any chance? Like you mean well but reality is always getting in the way?
    i tried my best to avoid it but you took the initiative to be condescending in your first reply, and it's something else that is effective on the internet. either you mean every word you say, which makes you quite paranoid, or you just need to hold the upper hand in any particular conversation, which makes you a bit of a control freak. the latter would be very ironic.

either way i'm not sure and my brief cheap psychoanalysis will and should not affect your style on here. hopefully you can stomach turning on the tv this season to watch these disgusting people kicking a ball without it causing you too much pain.
    Last edited by Kano; 27-07-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tried my best to avoid it but you took the initiative to be condescending in your first reply, and it's something else that is effective on the internet. either you mean every word you say, which makes you quite paranoid, or you just need to hold the upper hand in any particular conversation, which makes you a bit of a control freak. the latter would be very ironic.

either way i'm not sure and my brief cheap psychoanalysis will and should not affect your style on here. hopefully you can stomach turning on the tv this season to watch these disgusting people kicking a ball without it causing you too much pain.
    You tried your best? Wow, talk about coming up short. Thing is Terry, I admit, I spend my time on here moaning about the team - fair cop. Now will you admit you spend your time moaning about the people here? They're either arseholes for talking about media stories or naive and unrealistic to expect a return on their money. The message seems to be shut the fuck up, don't talk and certainly don't ask questions. Sounds a bit like Wenger and the board, if I was a paranoid cunt I'd say your were taking the shilling for your shilling. As it is your second guess was right, I'm a raving control freak. So everyone shut up about the media stories, everyone get with the program, you'll get what you're given and you'll fucking like it! Now pay up. Terry, we could be related.

Then again we're not totally alike because I have no problem admitting when I'm being a cunt.
    Für eure Sicherheit