Page 100 of 263 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    As long as he's clinical in front of goal and his touch isn't so bad it fucks him up in front of goal, we'll be ok. Also, Wenger has to play him up front and not on the wing.

Been saying this for ages, but Lacazette is the type of striker we should have developed Theo into. But saying that, I don't think Wenger is a fan of that type of player up front. He's avoided playing Theo there for ages and it took an age for him to buy Lacazette.

I think was screwed over when West Ham wouldn't allow him to move to Man Utd. I wouldn't call him second rate at all.
    Not second rate, second tier. Big difference.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    The most important thing it is down to is Wenger not playing him on the wing.
    The most important thing is avoiding that which cannot possibly be avoided?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    That too. We have to hope Lacazette hits the ground running. Last season, poor Perez started the opening game up front, got no service despite having Ozil and Cazorla behind him and never started up front again. We ended up having to sub on Sanchez and Giroud.

I have a feeling Wenger will do something similar and bring Giroud in to play up front with Lacazette playing on the left and Ozil on the right.
    Course he will. That's what clowns do.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Ok. That also doesn't make him "shit". His scoring record is excellent, he could be exactly what he needs. Whether he'll be able to fit into our team and do it in the PL remains to be seen.
    He hasn't even played a competitive game for us yet, stop being ridiculous.
    If he manages to fit into our team then his career is finished. He has to do everything in his power to avoid fitting in and instead retain his directness and hunger to score. All things that Wenger will try to beat out of him early. It won't be posed that way, and I'm sure that won't be the intent. But if he gets caught up in all that pass, pass, pass, slow it down, back to goal bullshit then he's finished.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Not second rate, second tier. Big difference.
    What's the difference? It's still second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gibbs won't leave because WBA can't meet his wage demands , same with jenkinson. We also resigned Wellington Silva on our books too but can't ship him out because he failed a medical at Boudreaux
    [B]Check out my friends stand up Comedy channel :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicks and chicks View Post
    Gibbs won't leave because WBA can't meet his wage demands , same with jenkinson. We also resigned Wellington Silva on our books too but can't ship him out because he failed a medical at Boudreaux
    Wellington failed his medical so never left Fluminese.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Wenger in the supermarket today.

NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you Otto?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Words of wisdom from Wenger

3 first team players refusing to extend their contracts says more about Wenger than it does about player power or even Arsenal. They are REFUSING to extend because they don't believe in Wenger and his hollow words, they don't believe he is capable of building a football team to compete!

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3599736.html

Arsene Wenger believes the soon-to-expire contracts of Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and others constitute "an ideal situation" for Arsenal.

The trio can all currently leave the club on a free next summer – and able to sign pre-contract agreements with teams outside England from January 1 – but are not the only ones. Jack Wilshere and Kieran Gibbs also have contracts that expire in 2018, as does the injured Santi Cazorla.

Little progress has been made on deals for Sanchez and Oxlade-Chamberlain, despite Arsenal having offered a new contract worth up to £300,000-a-week to the former. Standard Sport understands Manchester City are poised to make a bid but Wenger has insisted for several months that the 28-year-old will not be sold.

Regarding Ozil and Sanchez entering the new season with their futures still unresolved, Wenger said: “In the future you will see that more and more, players going to the end of their contract.

Wenger: Sanchez is staying at Arsenal

“Why? Because transfers become so high, even for normal players, they will go to the end of the contract because no-one will want to pay the amount of money that is demanded. I am convinced that in the next 10 years that will become usual.”

Arsenal appointed former Team Sky lawyer Huss Fahmy this summer to improve their management of player contracts but Wenger insisted it was “ideal” to have six of his first-team squad in the final 12 months of their deals.

“Everybody has to perform,” he added. “When you are a football player you perform until the last day of your contract. What does it change if you have two years or one year to go? If you go out on the football pitch you want to play and you want to do well.

“Do you really think that you sit in the dressing room before the game and think ‘Oh I only have one year to go I will not play well today’? Where does that come from?

"When you’re a football player you want to go out and play and do as well as you can. What does that have to do with the length of your contract? How long do you know that you will work for your company? As long as you work you do well.

Ozil confirms he wants to stay at Arsenal - and issues plea to Sanchez

“Even if [they negotiate a move away] it doesn’t matter. You do well at what you do. I am amazed that you’re surprised by that. It looks normal to me.

“Nobody knows if Sanchez will not extend his contract here. The performance on the day does not depend on the length of the contract. If that was true we would sign everyone for 20 years.”

Arsenal spent much of last season engulfed in an endless debate over Wenger’s own contract, which was left unsigned until after the FA Cup win over Chelsea.

Wenger admitted shortly afterwards that doubts over his future had contributed to a “horrendous” psychological environment, but is convinced the same will not happen with Sanchez.
    “My situation was different. It impacted the players. Any individual player does not," he said. “What can I do? One day he will go and Arsenal will go on. We will all go one day and Arsenal will go on. Hopefully.

“Of course I think he’ll stay. How many times have I said that?”