User Tag List

Page 100 of 956 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 9555

Thread: Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar off to RM, strikers like higuian may be on sale...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barcelona will make a big push to sign Cesc Fabregas while the Arsenal midfielder is on holiday in the city this week. The Catalan side value the 24-year-old at £35m and are ready to offer the Gunners their choice of players in return.
    Full story: Daily Mirror
    Who gives a monkeys what they value him at.

Its what we value him at thats important and if they cant come up with that then they should stfu

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    Brilliant striker.

Would love him here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Save me Jeebus! View Post
    I dont disagree, thats exactly right. But when you see these prices quoted (£3.5m for this lad now) and add up what we have spent on youth, we could have saved some of that money up and bought a couple of experienced players at times when we 'had no money'.
    Well, I think we all know that we could have spent had AW wanted to. It seems pretty clear cut to me that our board and manager fell on the side of paying off debt first, spending cheap, bringing through youth and resisting the urge to compete with bigger spenders.

To all intents and purposes, it nearly came off, when you consider that we were one point of the top and in all other competitions including a final last term.

The problem and frustration has been that we didn't finish the job off by bringing in one or two in January to make certain, and refusing to change our tactics on the pitch when it comes to crunch time.

Even under Wenger when we were winning the league, the football was nowhere near as pretty during the last 10 games. It was scrapping out one-nil Freddy Ljungberg goals to get over the line, and being tight at the back. Something we clearly can't do at the end of the season, and aren't coaching nearly enough. Lack of leadership, lack of organisation...dunno, it's a strange combination, but it all comes down to that last "2%" really. Funny when you think about it.

So...to stop me rambling on...and in summary....the philosophy wasn't far wrong, it's just we made the same mistakes over and over again in the last three years. We weren't amitious enough, too cautious on spending, too risky when it comes to "hoping we'll see it through". This is the combination which has failed us.

3 mil here and there make no odds to me. When we could easily have pushed the boat out a little more...especially in the season just gone.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    Not for clubs like us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Not for clubs like us.
    you mean a club that has no reservations paying untestested and unproven kids 52,000 and 60000 a week, yet are sanctimonious about proven and renowned players being on double/triple that? Get out of town!
    ‘Arsene was very cautious and David was very ambitious for the club,’ said former director Keith Edelman, managing director at the time. ‘He was very good at getting Arsene into a position where he was comfortable spending money.’

The board have said if wenger identifies a player he really wants and he needs the money it's there. Wenger doesn't think it's worth it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in talks to sign Gervinho eh?

Not entirely sure he's good enough, but meh.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by server too busy! View Post
    People say we spend a lot on these youth players, but the reality is we almost always make a profit on them when we sell on. So yes we pay alot but we get more money back from them later.
    Glad we are constantly making a profit and doing nothing with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Guns 11 View Post
    We're in talks to sign Gervinho eh?

Not entirely sure he's good enough, but meh.
    He can speak French.

He's good enough.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    3 mil here and there make no odds to me. When we could easily have pushed the boat out a little more...especially in the season just gone.
    But thats my point.

Instead of spending the 3 mil here and there, we could have saved it all for 1 or 2 bigger signings to help us push on.