User Tag List

Page 101 of 175 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1744

Thread: Former Players Views

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not buy into this crap that we can't compete for the title. Yes, the undesirables over @ Stamford Bridge and Etihad have been splurging shit loads of cash, but it's not like they are miles ahead, well at least not on point standings. Our faltering is our own doing as we drop too many points against pub teams, latest being Norwich who probably would have had a winless season hadn't we felt so charitable on the day.

The way we handle players contracts, off loading of our better players while insufficiently replacing them, our manager's inability to make a game winning substitution (in fact, changes are predetermined long before kick off and not based on the situation we find ourselves in during a game), failure to address weak areas in the squad, insistence on one formation and game plan regardless of opponent, persisting with dross players who sometimes are no way at fault as they are being played out of position....the list goes on.... All these point to a common problem, a manager so set in his arrogant and deluded way of doing things, so much so that the game seems to have evolved beyond his scope.

I know some folks on here and elsewhere still have some kind of sentimental attachment to AW. After all, Arsene 'knew' best, but there comes a time when he'll have to leave (should have happened already tbh) and.... yes you guessed correctly, be replaced by another manager. Are we to believe that his replacement won't be able to use the same resources now available to him to win the league? Or at the very least be competitive? Is there no other manager out there - a Mourinho perhaps - who can put together a decent enough squad, capable of derailing the cash trains of City and Chavs even for a season whilst not breaking the bank?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That's true, but it's unfair on Wenger, IMO, to suggest he's just happy to pick up the money and doesn't love the club or care how we do
    You know I'm not an Internet Twat (just a regular one), but even I'm starting to question whether Wenger really does care about the club. I still can't believe how Wenger can sanction that Van Persie sale. It's humiliating and Wenger is willing to go along with anything so long as the board stuff enough cash in his mouth. That's what I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're more likely to be an Internet Twat if you bury your head in the sand about what is happening and how it is being thrown in our faces every season now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    You know I'm not an Internet Twat (just a regular one), but even I'm starting to question whether Wenger really does care about the club. I still can't believe how Wenger can sanction that Van Persie sale. It's humiliating and Wenger is willing to go along with anything so long as the board stuff enough cash in his mouth. That's what I believe.
    He wanted to go if not to Utd he'd have gone somewhere else. Like Fergie said he wanted to go there. End of the day the club messed up not giving him a new deal sooner, but had they done that, we have called Wenger mad for keep on paying for another crook.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 30-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    I think you're more likely to be an Internet Twat if you bury your head in the sand about what is happening and how it is being thrown in our faces every season now.

Can you be a twat on the internet, and not be a twat in real life. It is possible.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suspect that a top Manager that was not at one.with the Board would have walked over that transfer.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshGooner View Post
    I do not buy into this crap that we can't compete for the title. Yes, the undesirables over @ Stamford Bridge and Etihad have been splurging shit loads of cash, but it's not like they are miles ahead, well at least not on point standings. Our faltering is our own doing as we drop too many points against pub teams, latest being Norwich who probably would have had a winless season hadn't we felt so charitable on the day.

The way we handle players contracts, off loading of our better players while insufficiently replacing them, our manager's inability to make a game winning substitution (in fact, changes are predetermined long before kick off and not based on the situation we find ourselves in during a game), failure to address weak areas in the squad, insistence on one formation and game plan regardless of opponent, persisting with dross players who sometimes are no way at fault as they are being played out of position....the list goes on.... All these point to a common problem, a manager so set in his arrogant and deluded way of doing things, so much so that the game seems to have evolved beyond his scope.

I know some folks on here and elsewhere still have some kind of sentimental attachment to AW. After all, Arsene 'knew' best, but there comes a time when he'll have to leave (should have happened already tbh) and.... yes you guessed correctly, be replaced by another manager. Are we to believe that his replacement won't be able to use the same resources now available to him to win the league? Or at the very least be competitive? Is there no other manager out there - a Mourinho perhaps - who can put together a decent enough squad, capable of derailing the cash trains of City and Chavs even for a season whilst not breaking the bank?
    No one said that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Can you be a twat on the internet, and not be a twat in real life. It is possible.
    the more you try to convince me, the less i believe you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    No one said that.
    we can't compete for the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    I would suspect that a top Manager that was not at one.with the Board would have walked over that transfer.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    Sure he was with the decision.

I'm pretty certain the decision was made based on level or wages, vs length of contract, vs chances of him being as good as he is now in four years time.

I'm pretty certain we would have offered 2 yrs, on a #decent wage. I'm sure that RVC would have wanted 4 yrs at a lot more....and I'm sorry, I'm glad we didn't give in to the ****, and took the money. Selling him was the correct decision.

What we didn't do (as we so often fail to do) is adequately replace him. Like for like wasn't necessary, but you have to replace players of that calibre, with players of equal worth (not necessarily as gifted) to the team.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.