User Tag List

Page 102 of 458 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4574

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery and Recriminations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ain't gonna happen. Pretty sure he was in talks to extend his contract before the Euro's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    What's the extra mile?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy, 8 min job.

And no, not that. That's much quicker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lewandowski making noises about wanting to play in the PL. So what are we waiting for? Ideal player for us. Absolute must get.

... I've typed out a whole message and we STILL haven't signed him

How about now?

WTF?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Lewandowski making noises about wanting to play in the PL. So what are we waiting for? Ideal player for us. Absolute must get.

... I've typed out a whole message and we STILL haven't signed him

How about now?

WTF?
    Signing Lewandowski would affect the progress of Giroud and that other waster Walnutt, so no.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Ain't gonna happen. Pretty sure he was in talks to extend his contract before the Euro's.
    Never say never, from what I heard there was talk he may move, at the end of the day if you don't try you'll never find out, many a player who was thought unavailable was snapped up after making an offer.

We never try, so we never get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's probably after a better contract at Bayern. But even so, turn his bluff into a reality by making him an offer he can't refuse. It's about time we made a splash and started competing at the top for the very best players. When was the last time we went head to head with any of the top clubs and came out winning? When was the last time we even tried? We have the dosh now so spend it.

But I take your point on Theo. Any year now he's going to explode into action and we don't want to jeopardise that.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolute pipedream, but the more I see of Kante, the more I want him at Arsenal - could see him and Xhaka forming a formidable pairing in the middle, and there'd be even more potential for Xhaka Kan headlines than there already is.

Fuck it, let's just chuck £70-80m at Leicester for Vardy, Mahrez and Kante - activate all their release clauses and be done with it. Accept now, and get a FREE Walcott with every deal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can't go head to head with the big boys because

a) They are willing to pay the going rate
    b) They have been sucessful in the last 10 years and players like to win
    c) They have shown they will do the necessary to achieve success, whether it be by changing manager or signing players.

Too much going against us now to compete with them, but what we could do is go in agressively with an early offer to try an get a deal tied up before anyone else is involved, we never do this of course, unless it's for a player noone else is that interested in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Absolute pipedream, but the more I see of Kante, the more I want him at Arsenal - could see him and Xhaka forming a formidable pairing in the middle, and there'd be even more potential for Xhaka Kan headlines than there already is.

Fuck it, let's just chuck £70-80m at Leicester for Vardy, Mahrez and Kante - activate all their release clauses and be done with it. Accept now, and get a FREE Walcott with every deal!

Mahrez and Kante we'd have a decent chance of getting (one though maybe not both), instead we've gone for Vardy, a one season wonder who has apparently said he'd never move to London, sounds to me like a long summer saga is coming up where we sit there on our hands dong nothing whilst a player who's not interested doesn't arrive.

Conspiracy theories could point to the fact we go after these players who are less likely to move so that when it invariably goes pear shaped it makes it look like we were trying.