Page 104 of 263 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Nor is this bloke. Obviously he's no Sanchez but people who watch the league he plays have spoken highly of him.
    The point is the fact he is free is not a valid reason for discounting him as a good signing.
    He kinda is though, he's not a household name everyone knows about, pretty sure most people hadn't even really ever noticed him playing if they did see him. I'm not realy bothered about that signing to be honest, we need to aim higher than him, he's a squad filler IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nor is this bloke. Obviously he's no Sanchez but people who watch the league he plays have spoken highly of him.
    The point is the fact he is free is not a valid reason for discounting him as a good signing.
    http://www.bundesliga.com/en/tots/
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    You can prove anything with facts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can prove anything with facts
    Fake news!

We've had enough of experts.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I don't see it on the side of a bus then I'm not believing it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He kinda is though, he's not a household name everyone knows about, pretty sure most people hadn't even really ever noticed him playing if they did see him. I'm not realy bothered about that signing to be honest, we need to aim higher than him, he's a squad filler IMO.
    What GP said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's wait and see shall we. So far, in pre-season, he's looked abject defensively but pretty effective going forward. Of course he's now playing in a Wenger system, so defensively maybe abject is the best that can be hoped for.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reserving judgment until I’ve seen him play. Granit Xhaka made Team of the Year for the Bundesliga before he came to us and I’m far from convinced he’s the right signing for us. No idea how Kolasanic will fit into our system but he has to be an upgrade on what we currently have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What GP said
    Doesn't mean a lot, as has been mentioned Xhaka was in there and he's rubbish, Bundesligue has got one team in it, Bayern, Dortmund have some decent players too but the rest is poor, so hardly a glowing review!

Team of the season doesn't mean a lot in my book, one season wonders like Vardy made it into the PL team (a much stronger league) and I wouldn't want him.

Never heard of this guy and not convinced he's the answer to our problems either, probably another one of those full backs who can attack (hopefully he can cross because usually Wenger picks attacking full backs that get one good cross every 100 times they try) but can't defend for toffee that Wenger likes, won't help our defence though.

Personally would have signed someone more established so we know what we're getting, not this guy, but that's just me.
    Last edited by Özim; 01-08-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really are the poster boy for cognitive dissonance and goalpost shifting (one leads to the other).
    "He doesn't count, he was free!"
    "But good players can move on a free"
    "He's a nobody!"
    *GP posts a link about him being in the Bundasliga team of the year*
    "That doesn't mean a lot..."