Page 106 of 451 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 4508

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I remember a "who would build the roads" conversation, I don't remember a coherent answer which made any sense which indicates to me there wasn't one.
    Search function. Just in case this is the, type it all again, game. Yeah, there have been practical alternatives for just about every aspect of authoritarianism. In detail. Which probably means nobody read them. Would that be close to the mark? You are here making statements about what I have and haven't said based on what you ignored?

You're doing what a lot of people do when a concept short circuits them. They dive into a trivial dispute.

You watch 1 minute of a 30 minute video. Claim you can't watch the rest because you have to work. Then spend 40 minutes here arguing with me over a false claim you've made and baiting Zim on another thread. You'd be 10 minutes better off and more informed had you watched the video. But I think that's the heart of it. Attention span and the desire to hear.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the search function, the only results I could find were a link to this thread and this thread has 106 pages in so that wasn't very helpful.
    You do do this a lot though, you hint you have all the answers but always decline to elaborate so while I vaguely remember the conversation your answer obviously wasn't one which made me think "Dear God, he's RIGHT. That WOULD work!" so it probably wasn't a very good answer.

And the occasional post which takes a minute to write in between reading and reviewing a load of tedious documents is a welcome distraction, listening to a 30 minute video in a block is too much of one. Not that I really have to justify myself to you

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    It's ok, i have watched plenty of libertarian solutions.....and my overriding conclusion is "yeah not terrible in principle but fundamentally misunderstands human behaviour and human nature".

It's an evolutionary thing, too small a cerebral cortex and too large an adrenal gland.

It's possible that as human beings continue to evolve that human cooperation will need to be less codified and people will be less inclined to take advantage of each other but we are a long, long way from that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    It's ok, i have watched plenty of libertarian solutions.....and my overriding conclusion is "yeah not terrible in principle but fundamentally misunderstands human behaviour and human nature".

It's an evolutionary thing, too small a cerebral cortex and too large an adrenal gland.

It's possible that as human beings continue to evolve that human cooperation will need to be less codified and people will be less inclined to take advantage of each other but we are a long, long way from that.
    That's a fairly typical position often seized upon by proponents of the "only way" defence of authoritarianism. As I have argued, we don't need to leap to a remedy overnight. Rolling back authoritarianism and dismantling government in a controlled manner is quite feasible. We'd soon see, wouldn't we? Turn down the dial a bit. Measure. Turn it down. Measure.

Instead we have the dial at 10 and engineers striving to invent the facility for 11, 12 and 13. All the while the message, this is the only way. There is no other way. Self-fulfilling propaganda backed by the authority to indoctrinate from birth.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That's a fairly typical position often seized upon by proponents of the "only way" defence of authoritarianism. As I have argued, we don't need to leap to a remedy overnight. Rolling back authoritarianism and dismantling government in a controlled manner is quite feasible. We'd soon see, wouldn't we? Turn down the dial a bit. Measure. Turn it down. Measure.

Instead we have the dial at 10 and engineers striving to invent the facility for 11, 12 and 13. All the while the message, this is the only way. There is no other way. Self-fulfilling propaganda backed by the authority to indoctrinate from birth.
    Using that argument we've been if anything slowly turning down the dial for centuries

Gone from unquestioned monarchies to open societies and democracies, so using that logic the curve is already moving away from authoritarianism.

Corruption and Clandestine decision making still exist....but like I say it's an evolutionary thing. The way our societies form reflect us as individuals.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 21-03-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrorist or was it a white person?

Glad I worked at home today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's NQ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Where's NQ?
    Not even funny to mention that in these days of watchful liberty. You have little idea how thick some of these "intelligence" bods are and their computer systems are thicker still.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Where's NQ?
    RIP NQ I'll miss you

Just got too much for him I guess