User Tag List

Page 108 of 119 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1181

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we're in talks with City about Arteta apparently. What a joke this club is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    This actually be a smart hire.

Arteta actually knows this club and all the real problems that comes with this club. He knows most of these players, particularly our young players.

And more importantly he knows English Football. I'm all for him.

Ljungberg knows the club better than Arteta, he knows the players better, especially our young players who he's actually managed and brought through. He knows English football too.

None of that helped him did it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    So we're in talks with City about Arteta apparently. What a joke this club is.
    Honestly, it's so ridiculous.
    Whatever you think of Wenger, he took us right to the top of the English game and while he didn't keep us there we only dropped out of the top 4 in his last couple of seasons and last year we were pretty close to top 4, we got to a European final. We are still a big club. It's completely ridiculous that we are scrabbling around trying to "lure" an ex player who wasn't with us that long and has no management experience as our manager.
    What a farce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Honestly, it's so ridiculous.
    Whatever you think of Wenger, he took us right to the top of the English game and while he didn't keep us there we only dropped out of the top 4 in his last couple of seasons and last year we were pretty close to top 4, we got to a European final. We are still a big club. It's completely ridiculous that we are scrabbling around trying to "lure" an ex player who wasn't with us that long and has no management experience as our manager.
    What a farce.
    That is right. It is ridiculously we are trying to bring a total novice to the 3rd biggest club in the country. There is no evidence that he will succeed and if he does it will be down to luck.

Just madness plus what coaching staff will come along as we dont have enough of them either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some paper talk that the players preferred Ancelotti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yes you would think they would prefer someone they can immediately respect. Arteta will issue instructions and senior players will be like......"Are you sure?.... Ok. If you say so"

Im resigned to it at this point but it seems like another dumb decision from a group of people with a long track record of making them.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 17-12-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Yes you would think they would prefer someone they can immediately respect. Arteta will issue instructions and senior players will be like"Are you sure?. Ok. If you say so"

Im resigned to it at this point but it seems like another dumb decision from a group of people with a long track record of making them.
    The respect thing is a huge concern - it's fine if you're Eddie Howe and have a group of young players and you all learn together at a lower league side, but not at Arsenal where many of the players. particularly after Emery, won't take long to spot a fake.

we should have got Ancellotti - I'm wiling to bet Raul and co didn't fancy having someone who knew much mre than them about football at the club tbh, it would show them up too much...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Maybe we should hire Alex Ferguson to throw boots in their faces. It worked on winners. Maybe it could work on our losers too. Not sure who they think they are, or why they believe their opinion is somehow important or useful. Another thing that has to change at the club.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost 2 years after there was a slim chance it MIGHT have worked, when the goodwill was still there and when it would have been possible to quickly get rid in event of disaster - it looks like Arteta will sign as new Arsenal manager today.

I already pity the guy, despite the £5mill a year he'll earn (plus compensation if/ when he's asked to leave early). Arteta has done everything right in order to lay the foundation for a successful managerial career in the game. Now he's likely thrown it all away.

I mean, good luck to the guy, I don't think this can be about the money, he must actually think he can do a job here. I'll support him as he tries. But it's getting harder to support these geniuses who are supposedly running the club. I also realised "son of Stan" was far too close to "son of Satan" for my liking.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he ships out most of these losers then he’ll get my respect for sure. Start from scratch and see where that takes us.

For my own sanity, I’m just going to believe he’s this great mind thats set for big things in the game. Rather than a complete rookie who’s never managed a game in his life...