Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Wigan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh-ry Christmas View Post
    Is anyone acting like that?

I'm not WUMming, I just don't understand the tone of some posts almost as if people are actively disappointed we won.

What were you expecting today? A crushing win for Arsenal where we looked like the Invincibles again? That was never going to happen. Arsenal aren't a great side any more, I think we've all accepted like that. Reading and Wigan away are two games we 'should' be winning but with our patchy at best form this season nether were bankers. They were both banana skins which we may have slipped on slightly but we came away with 6 points at an important time when morale was low amongst fans and, seemingly, the team.

I couldn't give a monkeys if we'd been battered all game but somehow contrived to keep a clean sheet and then scored off someone's arse. We needed to win on Monday, we needed to win today. We won both. Hurrah! Is everything rosy in the garden? Obviously not. Is it pleasing to see us pick up 6 points when we desperately needed to? Yes. Yes it is.

No exaggeration, this is the best post GW has ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier's xmas twist View Post
    He thought the defender would have expected the shot and tried to get ahead of him, which would have allowed the ball to get to Wilshere. As it happened, the defender managed to block it, but you could tell it was more luck than judgement because Boyce wasn't expecting Walcott to leave the ball.
    But it's obvious some people are so blinded by hatred of Walcott that they get off on criticising him, which is fair enough, it's a free country.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    No exaggeration, this is the best post GW has ever seen.

Apart from your one quoting it

You

No exaggeration, I'm the best sycophant GW has ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    He thought the defender would have expected the shot and tried to get ahead of him, which would have allowed the ball to get to Wilshere. As it happened, the defender managed to block it, but you could tell it was more luck than judgement because Boyce wasn't expecting Walcott to leave the ball.
    But it's obvious some people are so blinded by hatred of Walcott that they get off on criticising him, which is fair enough, it's a free country.

slightly ironic given your hatred for rvp last year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    slightly ironic given your hatred for rvp last year
    Oh yeah forgot about that, RVP was overrated was it
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier's xmas twist View Post
    Oh yeah forgot about that, RVP was overrated was it
    To be fair, he hasn't scored a single goal for us this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So are we just basically all happy that we'll get 4th (as we always do) and nothing changes as usual.

For the 1st time there was some real pressure on Wenger after the Bradford loss and it looked like he might be pressured into signing players, that's now gone of course but what it shows it that the only way we'll ever seen any changes is through results not going our way.

Personally I prefer short term pain for long term gain, that is to say I'd be happy for us to get the results we deserved if it meant we saw changes at the club at last which would benefit us next season and the season after etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Chrizimas View Post
    So are we just basically all happy that we'll get 4th (as we always do) and nothing changes as usual.
    No. We're happy that the team we support has picked up a few wins at a time they desperately needed to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh-ry Christmas View Post
    To be fair, he hasn't scored a single goal for us this year.
    True RVP
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Chrizimas View Post

For the 1st time there was some real pressure on Wenger after the Bradford loss and it looked like he might be pressured into signing players, that's now gone of course but what it shows it that the only way we'll ever seen any changes is through results not going our way.

Personally I prefer short term pain for long term gain, that is to say I'd be happy for us to get the results we deserved if it meant we saw changes at the club at last which would benefit us next season and the season after etc.
    for the first time since bradford it looked like pressure etc on wenger, and what does that **** do? he goes and wins some games. what a total tosser. i mean who would do that? under pressure and he wins us some games? what a ****