User Tag List

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Everton (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, Klopp had Dortmund in the relegation zone around February one season although they did recover. Mourinho had Chelsea in or close to the relegation zone before he got sacked.
    Think in both cases that was the year after they were champions.
    Moyes at Utd.

Plenty of managers have taken over a top 4 side and taken them in the wrong direction.
    Nowhere near for as long as Wenger and with such dedicated attention to failure.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Klopp had Dortmund in the relegation zone around February one season although they did recover. Mourinho had Chelsea in or close to the relegation zone before he got sacked.
    Moyes at Utd.

Plenty of managers have taken over a top 4 side and taken them in the wrong direction.
    I said name me 1 other manager that would have played a weak team at Anfield.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    I said name me 1 other manager that would have played a weak team at Anfield.
    OK. That isn't what you said if you look at the post you quoted...
    I don't think he played a weak team in general but putting Giroud and Lacazette both on the bench was bizarre and I've not defended that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Nowhere near for as long as Wenger and with such dedicated attention to failure.
    No other manager would have kept their job at a club with Arsenal's (supposed) ambitions. But he's meeting the board's requirements. You don't sack an employee who is doing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he played a weak team in general but putting Giroud and Lacazette both on the bench was bizarre and I've not defended that.
    He went to anfield and did not start our 2 best strikers. That's a weakened team. It's utter madness and no manager in the world would have done that. There seems to be no logic to his madness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No other manager would have kept their job at a club with Arsenal's (supposed) ambitions. But he's meeting the board's requirements. You don't sack an employee who is doing that.
    We're not talking about the shitheads in the board room. Nothing left to be said about those bastards. We're talking about where Wenger stands as a manager. All over the place is the correct answer. He's brilliant at making money for the club, absolutely awful, incompetent beyond belief, at utilising the footballing resources he has at his disposal. If the board has told him to prioritise making piles of cash then true, he's doing their bidding. But that's not the job of a football manager, is it? It's the job of an investment banker. Question is not whether he's a top or above average investment banker, question is what sort of a football manager he is.

A shite one.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did it again last week against Watford. Leaving Alexis at home because he was upset at not qualifying for the Word Cup. WTF? Seriously? What does Wenger do, ring around on Friday night and ask the players if they fancy a match on the weekend? He's kept hold of Chambers and then went and played Elneny at CB in the Europa League. The guy's a tool.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moyes at Utd.

Wenger is quite similar to Klopp in that they both have similar traits when it comes to building teams/squads, both seem to favour loading their teams with attacking midfielders/wingers.

Klopp has loaded the Liverpool team with them and spent millions doing so when he has major issues with Keepers, Central Defence and to a lesser extent Central Midfield.

Klopp was brilliant at Dortmund in the early years but his stock has not risen for a while now. I'd have him over Wenger as I think he's a bit more adaptable but he's not elite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp hasn't had a decade to get it right and at the very least has taken Liverpool back into the CL after his first full season. They have glaring problems of course but if anyone has found some kind of solace in their failings then I think you're kidding yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Klopp hasn't had a decade to get it right and at the very least has taken Liverpool back into the CL after his first full season. They have glaring problems of course but if anyone has found some kind of solace in their failings then I think you're kidding yourself.
    I don't find solace in that, but I do think that this suggestion that there is a huge gulf in class between Wenger and Klopp is bullshit.
    Both have failings.
    And, for balance, a couple of years ago I was impressed at what Koeman was doing at Southampton and would quite liked to have had him at Arsenal, we'll never know how that might have played out but, well... Everton