Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: "You can't buy Class"??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Good post that. Also...

We don't reserve the right to win everything, but we do reserve the right to try. The team is doing okay right now despite some major handicaps in terms of financing, whether enforced or self-imposed. Can we cry about these restrictions? Yes, and we do. But is the team performing on the pitch right now? Yes. And what fan could have a problem with that?

There's a certain destructiveness to this that makes no sense to me. Get rid of Wenger, just kick him out and then... everything will be better. Why? Nobody knows but let's just blow everything up anyway and see what happens. And I suppose if the next guy doesn't fare any better we get rid of him too and on it goes. Doesn't seem like a way forward to me. And this business about hoping we lose and lose big just to hasten the day when the bomb can be exploded, we'll that's just fucked up and people who want that sort of shit to happen seem to lack a passion for the moment. There's the season and then there's the 90 minutes on the pitch. In some ways hoping for disaster in those 90 minutes in order to somehow (never explained) influence this season or the season after is every bit as Machiavellian as the behaviour of the board and their long term non-investment agenda. They love the club too, they say. I'm not trying to start a fight but some people should have a re-think.

If we end up 11 points clear of the spuds by the time they next take to the pitch that'll be my season right there. Job done. Not so long ago we were saying we'd never catch them, now we have the chance to put them away in the most emphatic manner imaginable. And it all started during some half time talk where Wenger and RvP turned a 2-0 deficit into a 5-2 mauling of our greatest rivals. That's football for me, I'm more than happy to thrive on that. Petty tribal rivalries, yep, give me some of that.

Did we see any of this when the 8th goal went in vs Utd?

The team is doing well and so is the manager. Fight forthe shirt we said and that's what they are doing. Where's the problem?
    Pretty much.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good post that. Also...

We don't reserve the right to win everything, but we do reserve the right to try. The team is doing okay right now despite some major handicaps in terms of financing, whether enforced or self-imposed. Can we cry about these restrictions? Yes, and we do. But is the team performing on the pitch right now? Yes. And what fan could have a problem with that?

There's a certain destructiveness to this that makes no sense to me. Get rid of Wenger, just kick him out and then... everything will be better. Why? Nobody knows but let's just blow everything up anyway and see what happens. And I suppose if the next guy doesn't fare any better we get rid of him too and on it goes. Doesn't seem like a way forward to me. And this business about hoping we lose and lose big just to hasten the day when the bomb can be exploded, we'll that's just fucked up and people who want that sort of shit to happen seem to lack a passion for the moment. There's the season and then there's the 90 minutes on the pitch. In some ways hoping for disaster in those 90 minutes in order to somehow (never explained) influence this season or the season after is every bit as Machiavellian as the behaviour of the board and their long term non-investment agenda. They love the club too, they say. I'm not trying to start a fight but some people should have a re-think.

If we end up 11 points clear of the spuds by the time they next take to the pitch that'll be my season right there. Job done. Not so long ago we were saying we'd never catch them, now we have the chance to put them away in the most emphatic manner imaginable. And it all started during some half time talk where Wenger and RvP turned a 2-0 deficit into a 5-2 mauling of our greatest rivals. That's football for me, I'm more than happy to thrive on that. Petty tribal rivalries, yep, give me some of that.

Did we see any of this when the 8th goal went in vs Utd?

The team is doing well and so is the manager. Fight forthe shirt we said and that's what they are doing. Where's the problem?
    Arsene won't share a drink with Pardew after games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Arsene won't share a drink with Pardew after games.
    I didn't know that. That changes things. Hope we lose to Wigan tonight and Wenger gets sacked.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creepy Uncle Pardew.

Makes me shiver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Creepy Uncle Pardew.

Makes me shiver.
    Didn't know he was your uncle. That must have been tough growing up.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't know he was your uncle. That must have been tough growing up.
    I grew up quite fast.

He touched me on the bumhole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    I would say it is pretty classless to give a manager a handful of gsmes to produce success and then fire them at a bat of an eyelid but fuck it if you can, do it. Not doi g too bad now.I would shudder if we bought in 300mils worth of talent only to ask most to leave after failing to win the league but hell if thats the budiness model and you can, who are we to argue.
    This the way the game is going because of these Billionaires. They don't care how much they waste on players and managers till they feel happy.

Clubs are like toys to these owners nothing else. (AVB Found that out the hard way).

Problem is alot of fans are fickle and think if managers don't win something every year they should be sacked. (talking in general here).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought this was an interesting topic, then i read this and lost all respect for thread.

this is the biggest pile of shit i have ever read

Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post

or even the fact that wenger made diving acceptable in the UK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    i thought this was an interesting topic, then i read this and lost all respect for thread.

Read on, it gets worse...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post

Look who started the thread says it all tbh.