User Tag List

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures & Midweek Fixtures (11/12/13/14/15 May)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Interesting to see how they do react

In 1999 they definitely celebrated the goals by Beckham and Cole in the away end at OT
    I was at Highbury that day and there were, of course, celebrations when Spurs scored. But it's a bit different a home team celebrating an away goal

But I’m not sure what they will do if either they or City score this time around when it’s the home end and presumably you’ll have shy of 60,000 spurs fans.
    If the roles were reversed (and if your God exists and he’s not an utter shit stain they never would be) what would we do as fans?
    It's an interesting thought experiment. The only think close I can think of was in the run in one season when Arsenal were nowhere and Newcastle came to Highbury. It might have been the "I'd love it..." season, but not sure. I really wanted Newcastle to win the title instead of ManYoo so I remember before the game thinking I wouldn't be too sorry if we lost that one. But, when it came to it, something took over and I really wanted Arsenal to win, which we did. So I think in the moment the fans probably will support their team and only afterwards think "oh...shit!" if they get something.

But the above scenario is not the same as an Arsenal win letting Spurs in for the title
    It's too horrible to contemplate, I don't know how I'd feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on tonight really. If Villa seal 4th then you can’t really blame Spuds for getting out the City bunting because they’ll have nothing to play for. However if there’s still a possibility of them getting 4th, to actively be urging their team to lose is weird to me. There’s no doubt Levy, Ange and the team will want 4th due to the financial boost and being part of the expanded CL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure the players are whipped up for a NLD, so in that sense they "get" the rivalry. But ultimately, they want to be at the top of the game which means being in the CL, that will be their primary focus. If that's possible then they won't be holding back tomorrow. I just don't think they're good enough to stop the City juggernaut, Spurs' defence has been hilariously poor of late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'm sure the players are whipped up for a NLD, so in that sense they "get" the rivalry. But ultimately, they want to be at the top of the game which means being in the CL, that will be their primary focus. If that's possible then they won't be holding back tomorrow. I just don't think they're good enough to stop the City juggernaut, Spurs' defence has been hilariously poor of late.
    Yeah that’s it really. They’ll lose because they’re shit. Nothing to do with anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Six clean sheets all season, only two at home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the irresistible force against the easily moveable object

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utd have only scored two more goals than Luton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yeah that’s it really. They’ll lose because they’re shit. Nothing to do with anything else.
    Sadly I agree, if Liverpool beat Villa tonight at least Spuds will really have something to fight for but even then I hold out very little hope

While I would look more at other games in terms of ones where we really ought to have done better, it's undoubtedly true that the Villa loss pretty much shut the door

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aston Villa: Martinez, Konsa, Carlos, Torres, Digne, McGinn, Luiz, Tielemans, Bailey, Diaby, Watkins.
    Subs: Olsen, Chambers, Lenglet, Zaniolo, Duran, Kesler-Hayden, Iroegbunam, Kellyman, Munroe.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Quansah, Van Dijk, Gomez, Endo, Elliott, Mac Allister, Salah, Gakpo, Diaz.
    Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Jones, Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Bajcetic, Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on Liverpool.