User Tag List

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Man City (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein-machine View Post
    Chamack's scored again - thats were our problems lie
    Pulis and Chamack are perfect match IMO.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bottled that game. 6-3 isn't a respectable score when you're top of the league. If it wasn't for Walcott, the score would have looked far worse. We gifted them so many goals. Unbelievable! You expect a better performance from league leaders. The team has a soft belly. City were clinical but we made them look a lot better with the poor defending and passing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Milner was clinical in the box, he is starting to make Youngy look like an amateur.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mertesacker is no Arsenal man, not an Englishman and is Ozil's countryman and team mate and yet he didn't hesitate to put Ozil in his place. I'm glad Mertesacker nailed Ozil....particularly in full view of the fans. Wenger isn't going to lay into him.

I am rather surprised anyone at any point doubted the idea we would need a world class forward/top top forward to be really and truly competitive. Giroud missed chances he absolutely just has to take in a game like this. I thought his ruled out goal was a close call but I thought Bendtner's was offside for my money.

Ramsey was superb and doesn't allow himself to get harried and caught in midfield unlike the rest of them. Wilshere was found wanting numerous times and I don't think Flamini covered himself in glory either.

One of the few positives was that Theo is back, playing and scoring and even looked our most threatening player. Fancy that. Nobody would have ever have guessed Theo would be a threat to a team that likes to attack. Maybe we should play him more.

I was annoyed by how determined we were to make Nasri look like Messi.

I asked a while ago how our best midfield 3 compared to Fernandinho, Yaya and Silva. Someone slagged Fernandinho right off in that debate. I guess Fernandinho he is a poster on here then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really should have tried to get Luis Gustavo from Bayern. Flamini has improved us but without him we have a soft midfield. Yaya was just tearing though us with players hanging off him like leaves off a branch. ramsey was the only player who played with distinction along with Walcott and Ozil did his job as a playmaker. Our strikers are just so average. Wilshere should have come off for Rosicky when Flamini was sunbstituted too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are people writting us off? If it hadnt been for a corrupt ref, we would have won this match, despite most of our players had a bad day. City didnt create any of their goals, we (and the ref) gave them their goals, City didnt give us anything but we still managed to score 5 goals and a penalty + 2 huge chances taken away from us. I would say thats pretty promising.

Nice to have Walcott back and hopefully Wenger will start playing him on the left after his awesome goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasTC View Post
    Why are people writting us off? If it hadnt been for a corrupt ref, we would have won this match, despite most of our players had a bad day. City didnt create any of their goals, we (and the ref) gave them their goals, City didnt give us anything but we still managed to score 5 goals and a penalty + 2 huge chances taken away from us. I would say thats pretty promising.

Nice to have Walcott back and hopefully Wenger will start playing him on the left after his awesome goal.
    Applaud your enthusiasm but City could have got double figures to be fair. They're the best team we'll play & they have a fantastic attack. Their quality means they will score a goal in every 3 or 4 chances. Our ratio would be one in 10 because of our lack of quality upfront. Until we address this we will not beat the better teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasTC View Post

It looks like we're buckling and that's why we're being written off. We drop points against Everton, failed to respond in the CL and now have a difficult draw and then to make it worse, we gifted City some very soft goals. Complain about the officials, but when you gift the opposition so many goals and looks so shaky after two very disappointing results, you have to worry about the mental strength of this group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets not make City better than they are, they've already lost to some pretty bad teams. We've lost 3 times, 2 of those times against a corrupt ref and 1 time on Old Trafford, wouldn't really call that the end of the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see Walcott back. Even further proof that he needs to play upfront. He has that strikers instinct. The first goal was difficult but executed to perfection. He's pelting into the box with pace but manages to open his body up to side foot it into the opposite corner with the ball skimming pass the City players and keeper rooted. The 2nd was just class. Bends it into the far corner with ease. Big game player.