User Tag List

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Profit before transfers. Confirmed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Dont think that is right. AW shouldve told Fabregas "They rate you at 30 million quid and you know you are more than that. If Andy Carroll can go for 35 million quid, you are at least worth 45-50 million. If Barca matches that offer, we will not stand in your way but if they do not, I expect you to man the fuck up and play. I have given them time till July 31 to close this deal so that I can concentrate on either moving forward with you or without you. I am doing what is best for Arsenal FC and I hope you understand."

Thats a man to man conversation he couldve had right after last season got over. But AW was in his own world with the waiting period, wanting period etc to make any firm decisions. Sad part is that we do not have anyone in the boardroom to stand up and bitch slap the fucker. Like I mentioned earlier, AW is way too powerful at AFC.. he is bringing the club down!
    You're right he could have done that and maybe another manager would have. Would Cesc have accepted his fate though? I don't think so. Yes he was under contract but footballers are not robots, ultimatley if his heart was no longer in it, what use would it have been to keep him?

It's funny how we hanker on about the price we got for him, when all of us know full well that an extra 10m or so would've been neither here nor there last summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPeck View Post
    Where it says "the Frenchman has also revealed he is under pressure to deliver £15m-£20m in profit for the club through transfers each year" - he is not quoted as saying that.
    Not even in the bit that goes:

Wenger...said 'You should know that each season, it is imperative to show a profit of between fifteen and twenty million pounds...'
    ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    You're right he could have done that and maybe another manager would have. Would Cesc have accepted his fate though? I don't think so. Yes he was under contract but footballers are not robots, ultimatley if his heart was no longer in it, what use would it have been to keep him?

It's funny how we hanker on about the price we got for him, when all of us know full well that an extra 10m or so would've been neither here nor there last summer.
    The extra £10m could have gone towards an improved contract for Diaby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Lehmann View Post
    Not even in the bit that goes:

???

I think the issue is the difference between 'the club needs to show a profit of £15-20m' and 'the club needs to show a profit of £15-20m through transfers'.

The first is reasonable - return on investment and all that. The second is a bit ridiculous.

Although yes, the one can impact the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    Good read that. Pretty spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Persie View Post
    I think the issue is the difference between 'the club needs to show a profit of £15-20m' and 'the club needs to show a profit of £15-20m through transfers'.

The first is reasonable - return on investment and all that. The second is a bit ridiculous.

Although yes, the one can impact the other.
    OIC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People forget we do actually buy players: Gervinho, Arteta and Oxlade-Chamberlain added together in transfer fees equals Fabregas; their wages added together equal more than Fabregas.
    The wage bill gets bigger and bigger every year.
    http://angryofislington.com/2012/01/...e-plain-truth/

Deffo a good read tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Dont think that is right. AW shouldve told Fabregas "They rate you at 30 million quid and you know you are more than that. If Andy Carroll can go for 35 million quid, you are at least worth 45-50 million. If Barca matches that offer, we will not stand in your way but if they do not, I expect you to man the fuck up and play. I have given them time till July 31 to close this deal so that I can concentrate on either moving forward with you or without you. I am doing what is best for Arsenal FC and I hope you understand."

Thats a man to man conversation he couldve had right after last season got over. But AW was in his own world with the waiting period, wanting period etc to make any firm decisions. Sad part is that we do not have anyone in the boardroom to stand up and bitch slap the fucker. Like I mentioned earlier, AW is way too powerful at AFC.. he is bringing the club down!
    How do you know he never told him that before he gave into the player.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    How do you know he never told him that before he gave into the player.
    Cos we sold him for less than 45-50 million

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Cos we sold him for less than 45-50 million
    read what i said again