User Tag List

Page 11 of 128 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger Slaughterhouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Some people just think time's up for him, he's tried but blown it, 7 years is plenty he's not up to it. Don't see why anything he does should change your mind now, he's had his chance and failed....game over for him.

Even cats don't get as many lives
    well now he seems to have changed. two quality payers in before window open and looking at more. there is something different this year, he seems to havwe learnt from mistakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The window's not open?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Lehmann View Post
    The window's not open?
    opens in july i think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    well now he seems to have changed. two quality payers in before window open and looking at more. there is something different this year, he seems to havwe learnt from mistakes
    It's not changed, he's incapable of being successful he's shown that.

He's signed a couple players, it will be good for the next manager to have some new blood to work with. Maybe we signed them because our next manager wanted them

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 quality player in Podolski

Giroud, the jury is well and truly out

He could either be a Chamakh or a flop like Gervinho. One thing he isnt yet and thats quality

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had to spoil a decent post with a stupid insult. I've removed that.

Yes, a lot of people do think that. But we finished 3rd behind a team who bought the title and a team with the best manager around. Hardly the outcome you'd expect if Wenger was as incompetent as you make out. There is a middle ground between Wenger being a flawless genius and an utter moron you know.

7 years without a trophy is too long for a club at the level Wenger took us too, I agree. But qualifying for the CL every year is no mean feat. You've said you don't regard it as an achievement, clearly a lot of people do given the money clubs throw around to try and achieve it - most of whom have failed to qualify consistently. Trophies aren't as easy to come by as they used to be in the era of billionaire owners (who, depressingly, swept the board the season just gone). That said if you do get to a final against a team like Birmingham then you really should be winning it. Wenger should have been sacked for that.

At least we're trying to do things this summer. I fear it's because they know RvP is going to leave but we'll see. If he does at least they're doing business early rather than scrabbling around on transfer deadline day like we have been and signing more established players, not kids.

Fact is, Wenger will be our manager next season. Moaning about every thing he does (good or bad) won't change that. There may be better managers out there but there are a lot of worse managers too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    It's not changed, he's incapable of being successful he's shown that.
    That depends how you define success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    opens in july i think?
    You're right. Weird. I always thought it was 3 months long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've lost faith in him, those are the facts for me and whilst the couple signings are positive it's too little too late for me. Like you mentioned we may well lose RVP so we may be bringing in a couple players to replace him.

Bringing up 3rd and the CL has little meaning to me because I simply don't value those things, I don't get particular pleasure from seeing the club there every season because it's not exciting..I'd rather things be less predictable so that we at least feel there's always a chance of success even if it doesn't happen.

Right now I just don't feel that, there's clubs with money but it takes more than money to build a top team, just look at Holland with a host of stars, they flopped despite having arguably the best group of players.

He's going to be here next season (unfortunately) and I'm hoping things will be different, but I doubt it very much...let's see what the summer brings.

My comments about him today were just about the way he always seems to BS about everything though, you can play up the merits of a player without lying about it, Giroud hasn't performed at the highest level...so why say it? That's one of the big problems for me, does he actually believe this BS he comes out with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That depends how you define success.
    I define sucess as trophies in the trophy cabinet, anything else is failure for a club like us. Not saying we should be winning every season but we should be picking up trophies or certainly getting very close to the major ones from time to time.

7 years with nothing from where were were then is total failure, there's no other way of looking at it. Going from a top top side who were always capable of beating anything that was put in front of them to what we've endured since then just isn't good enough.