User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are the Strikes justified?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 58.82%
  • No

7 41.18%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: November 30 Strikes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but never so joylessly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Lots of public sector organisations places money into investments. It is not all spent straight away and ploughed back into public services.

Half of the councils in Britain were investing money from the public purse into accounts in Iceland, which is why the public is / was having to fork out for the millions lost in the bank crashes over there a few years back.

Much of the money is invested, not spent. It may not be a "pot", but to say that it is not floated somewhere to yeild more revenue is misleading.
    None of what I pay in to my 'scheme' goes into a pot.

Not one penny of it goes into a pot or gets invested anywhere. It is an unfunded scheme. But many local government ones are fully funded and are in surplus.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoeLDG View Post
    Lots of public sector organisations places money into investments. It is not all spent straight away and ploughed back into public services.

Half of the councils in Britain were investing money from the public purse into accounts in Iceland, which is why the public is / was having to fork out for the millions lost in the bank crashes over there a few years back.

Much of the money is invested, not spent. It may not be a "pot", but to say that it is not floated somewhere to yeild more revenue is misleading.
    I don't think you're correct. Councils were putting money collected up front from lump sum council tax payments into savings accounts and paying the bills as and when they came in throughout the year. They weren't investing it and it wasn't pension contributions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this week we saved 20% of the public sector wage bill and the shops were full of bored parents with kids not in school buying crap.

Sounds pretty good for the economy tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question is, what would you do if some bloke walked up to you in the street and tried to stick his dick up your arse? And what if he asked you to pay him for the perceived privilege?

I'm thinking most of you would punch his lights out. But it's not like that with government. People simply say, yes we definitely need to pay to get raped, "everyone knows that™", but we need to protest about the size of the dick being used. Smaller would be better is the general thinking - although there are also those who beg for something bigger.

Until we snap out of this blind acceptance of the gang of criminals running the show then every solution is temporary at best and usually engineered for the purposes of misdirection. Hey your shoelaces are undone! Bang goes that dick up your shitter as soon as you bend over.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The question is, what would you do if some bloke walked up to you in the street and tried to stick his dick up your arse? And what if he asked you to pay him for the perceived privilege?

I'm thinking most of you would punch his lights out. But it's not like that with government. People simply say, yes we definitely need to pay to get raped, "everyone knows that™", but we need to protest about the size of the dick being used. Smaller would be better is the general thinking - although there are also those who beg for something bigger.

Until we snap out of this blind acceptance of the gang of criminals running the show then every solution is temporary at best and usually engineered for the purposes of misdirection. Hey your shoelaces are undone! Bang goes that dick up your shitter as soon as you bend over.
    I was wondering what made my eyes water when I picked up that pound coin.