Page 112 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1793

Thread: Transfer targets in January

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Vinger is going to "assess" the situation at LB after Sunday.

Nothing to report at the moment.

We're gonna buy that Southampton lad aren't we.....
    Yeah let's observe the waiting period for another 10 games. What's the point of this shit. I can actually understand us not bringing a left-back in - they'll generally be mediocre - but what's the point now when we've limped along for 2/3 of the window? WUMger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    So he's incapable of spending money on quality players?

It's his choice, he doesn't want to pay that bit more for the better players, he says as much after all we have plenty from sales of players to utilise.

At the end of the day he prioritises money over success that much is clear, to him his job is being some sort of financial guru rather than a successful manager on the pitch, I never said he doesn't want to win.....I'm sure everyone would like to and gets frustrated when they don't, but when someone doesn't do anything to change things it's clear it's not the be all and end all for them.

I'd love to win the lottery, but if I never buy a ticket I have no chance.
    Just because he says it don't mean he means it does it. end of the day what hye does is irrelevant if the board will not sack him, they are happy to see him be cheap for a reason.

did he not say he'd buy neymar if he could but he knows that lads wages would bee too expensive for us to afford. its easy to say chuck money at playersbut in this day and age they all want big wages and if we can afford it they go else where.

we could have bids accepted over the summer but personal terms ruined the deals, we'd never know. until we know the finiacial side of things we can't judge. However wenger managing the current team diffrent thing altogether.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    As long as Wenger's in charge we won't spend. This is how it all went down at Monaco. Was reading Le Grove the other day and one of the writers thinks the Board are giving Wenger enough rope to hang himself. The other writer disagrees, but I can see where he's coming from with that theory. I wish it were true, but they're all in love with Wenger up there.
    don't matter who comes in whilst the board is here we won't spend if you thing anew manager will come in and phw will give then A huge warchest and players will come in more fool you.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 20-01-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    don't matter who comes in whilst the board is here we won't spend if you thing anew manager will come in and phw will give then A huhe warchest and players will come in more fool you.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. Surely one of the conditions a new manager will lay out is the ability to spend. Not Man City levels of spending of course, but enough to give him a fighting chance of moulding the team his way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SayNoMore View Post
    Niall, EVERY boards priority is to maximise shareholder wealth. Football is no exception. Its Wengers responsibilty to make sure they invest in the squads interests. If they havent been doing so, he should have put up a fight, unless he agrees with them ...
    You don't bite the hand that feeds you do you, wenger is employed by them and will take thier side most of the time. Don't think fergie agreed with the glazers but never made a fuss over them. Its easy to say it did not matter because they were winning things But he could have stood up for the fans he did not, neither did pardew at newcastle. Infact the modern manager rarley does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. Surely one of the conditions a new manager will lay out is the ability to spend. Not Man City levels of spending of course, but enough to give him a fighting chance of moulding the team his way.
    This is why he will be a yes man the board are not silly. Yes wenger don't want to spend but the baord are happy with it. I'd find it strange them being happy with someone who'd go and spend milllions having kept AW for failing to do so.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 20-01-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new manager will be given no more than £20m for signings and contract renewals.

We all know it's true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    A new manager will be given no more than £20m for signings and contract renewals.

We all know it's true.
    £30mill is the usual announcement, which means the new guy will have to make a £20mill profit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    112 pages of shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly and it's not so far fetched since we just spent a load this summer. The amount we spent this year constantly he's ignored and Wenger's action at Monaco never gets discussed either.