User Tag List

Page 113 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1249

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole inverted full back thing seems a very recent fascination as we have up until recently played quite traditional fullbacks. Guardiola did it and Arteta likes to think of himself as a mini Guardiola. Don’t think he’s as tactically varied…or for that matter as miserable as Guardiola…nor is he as effusive. Guardiola has a nasty personality, Arteta doesn’t have one at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tierney is off on loan to Real Sociedad.

No option to buy though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

No option to buy though.
    Big mistake imho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

No option to buy though.

I have two opinions about this. One what a complete waste on our part, if we are going to sell him sell him for money and that will only be exacerbated if we end up buying a defender.

Second of all, says a lot about Tierney’s reputation and marketability that the only interest we can get for him is from Celtic who we bought him from and from a mid table basque side.

Man City were linked by Ming the Merciless doesn’t like natural full backs either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of it is also down to the fact there’s no money in Europe. Monaco being owned by an oligarch has helped us with Balogun but unless we’re dealing with a PL club there’s no money to be had. We would have definitely priced a club like Newcastle out based on the fact they’ve got unlimited funds.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 25-08-2023 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for Tierney.

Clearly wasn't happy and nor he should. The pure disrespect of having players like Kiwor, Timber and Tommyiasu all played out of position ahead of him isn't summin any professional should have to tolerate.

Moves to a better league in a nicer part of the world, with hugely admirable political views, and gets champions league fitba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I have two opinions about this. One what a complete waste on our part, if we are going to sell him sell him for money and that will only be exacerbated if we end up buying a defender.

Second of all, says a lot about Tierney’s reputation and marketability that the only interest we can get for him is from Celtic who we bought him from and from a mid table basque side.
    Well only up the point, I suspect, that maybe some clubs see how Arteta isn't using him, also perhaps his unfortunate appearances where Arteta has played him colmpletely out of position, and incorrectly drawn tne conclusion that Arteta knows what he is doing in getting rid of him

of course we all know Arteta doesn't know what he's doing and that we should be keeping Tierney - what's the bet he tears it up at Sociedad and suddenly is a big draw again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Well only up the point, I suspect, that maybe some clubs see how Arteta isn't using him, also perhaps his unfortunate appearances where Arteta has played him colmpletely out of position, and incorrectly drawn tne conclusion that Arteta knows what he is doing in getting rid of him

of course we all know Arteta doesn't know what he's doing and that we should be keeping Tierney - what's the bet he tears it up at Sociedad and suddenly is a big draw again
    I wouldn’t bet on it to be honest

More likely fade into obscurity like Bellerin. Which doesn’t necessarily prove Arteta right, but I’m not seeing this strong character who has the willpower to triumph against adversity. Tavares was able to because there wasn’t as much pressure on him to defend in France and he could play like Andre Santos.

I’d like us to sign a proper left back for sure, but don’t want Arteta spending any more cash on defenders. Don’t want him spending any more cash full stop. Frankly I’d be ok with a transfer embargo on us for as long as he remains at the club to stop him buying players in positions we don’t need.

Zinchenko can’t defend, doesn’t know what it is…looks upon it like the Hominids look upon the black obelisk in 2001: a space odyssey. So might as well keep the dog snogger, at least he’s ok going forward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zinchenko is hopdeless going forward, dawdles on the ball, slows our play down, often then gives it away and regularly ignores Martinelli - I'd rather play with ten men than have Zin in the side and i really mean that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Zinchenko is hopdeless going forward, dawdles on the ball, slows our play down, often then gives it away and regularly ignores Martinelli - I'd rather play with ten men than have Zin in the side and i really mean that
    Except that Martinelli often sees more of the ball when Zinchenko plays than when anyone else plays. He is a dawdler but he’s more likely to get Martinelli than Havertz, Trossard or Rice (who is a terrible passer of the ball, he just bombs forward as if he’s Frank Lampard)