Page 114 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1265

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Except that Martinelli often sees more of the ball when Zinchenko plays than when anyone else plays. He is a dawdler but he’s more likely to get Martinelli than Havertz, Trossard or Rice (who is a terrible passer of the ball, he just bombs forward as if he’s Frank Lampard)
    That sounds like the kind of stat that's very open to misinterpretation and I suspect it's more to do with other circumstances - it's maybe not as clear when you only watch on TV but I can tell you that the number of times he ignores Martinelli when Martinelli's found himself some space in a good position is really something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    That sounds like the kind of stat that's very open to misinterpretation and I suspect it's more to do with other circumstances - it's maybe not as clear when you only watch on TV but I can tell you that the number of times he ignores Martinelli when Martinelli's found himself some space in a good position is really something
    I’d love to take your word for it, but you did say that you saw evidence of Xhaka being a teachers pet from the crowd. And I don’t know if you were deluded, or were just lying out of frustration with me telling you I think you’re wrong but it does rather blacken your credibility as a good eye witness.

It’s all relative but Martinelli would see less of the ball with Tierney because Tierney would make his own driving runs and there was very little overlap with the players, and as much as I love Martinelli you have to accept that he’s a lazy shit who won’t come deep to receive the ball.

Ideally you’d have someone like that little Italian lad that Newcastle signed in that position. But we chose not to sign two midfielders, we signed Rice and Havertz (170 million on two players, neither are good enough for what we needed them for)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comparisions with Tierney are irrelevant - what we need is whoever plays in the kind of area that Zin does (which patently is not Tierney as Zin is not an LB) should be finding Martinelli far more regularly - it's not rocket science - we just need someone who lifts his head up so they can see when a high-quality attacking winger is in a good position

what we don't need is a toilet-brush-headed little tosser who keeps giving the ball way with his in-field no-look passes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Comparisions with Tierney are irrelevant - what we need is whoever plays in the kind of area that Zin does (which patently is not Tierney as Zin is not an LB) should be finding Martinelli far more regularly - it's not rocket science - we just need someone who lifts his head up so they can see when a high-quality attacking winger is in a good position

what we don't need is a toilet-brush-headed little tosser who keeps giving the ball way with his in-field no-look passes
    For what it’s worth I agree but you play what you have. And for the reasons I’ve stated it’s better to play with no full backs at all in a game like Fulham….and play Zinchenko further up the field where his indolence is less harmful and his passing is more useful.

It’s not worth having a go at me because 90% of Arteta’s signings have been contrary to what we need

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it’s worth I agree but you play what you have. And for the reasons I’ve stated it’s better to play with no full backs at all in a game like Fulham….and play Zinchenko further up the field where his indolence is less harmful and his passing is more useful.

It’s not worth having a go at me because 90% of Arteta’s signings have been contrary to what we need

The last part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post

The last part.

Well let’s look at it

How many defenders have we signed since he’s been coach

Mari, Cedric, Gabriel, Tavares, Tomoyasu, White, Zinchenko, Kiwior, Timber

You’d be hard pressed to call more than three or four of those needed signings in terms of strength in depth

Then Havertz, Vieira, Jesus…we needed a striker not a wide forward who struggles for goals

Yes 90% might be an exaggerated number but despite spending 600 million we haven’t bought a single out and out striker and we’ve had to be down to bare bones almost before signing a midfielder. The transfer outlay has not come close to providing what the squad genuinely needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tierney’s loan to Sociedad is official.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumours suggesting we are going to sell Smith Rowe to Chelsea. I am definitely ok with us selling Smith-Rowe but not to them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s fairly obvious ESR is not in the managers plans and if you’re him you would definitely look to move on.

Chelsea would be a weird one though, they’re stacked with players of his profile, so I think he’d have the same problem there trying to get minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumours suggesting we are going to sell Smith Rowe to Chelsea. I am definitely ok with us selling Smith-Rowe but not to them
    Agreed, I've no problem with selling him but not to them, if we do it's got to be for at least what we bought Havertz for - after all he's a talented young player, English etc...