User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Wenger Still Go?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 51.06%
  • No

23 48.94%
Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger Out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Wengers biggest is to con the people that next year will be better than this. He has done this for 8 seasons in a row now and we still dont see the road beyond the smokescreen. A majority seem to suffer the battered wife syndrome, where they feel it is better to stick with the pain than try the big bad world out there. I appreciate the positive results in the last month, but what about the crap the preceded it?. We were once 15th in the league 3 months or so into the season. Wenger digs us into a great hole and we stand marvelling and cheering as he scrapes his way out of it. Sure he hates losing but does winning really mean everthing to him. every season we spend more energy running to simply stay in the same spot. Is this what we believe is our lot. We stick with Wenger because he has done good in the past. He knows it and the board know it and the con game continues. Start of the season Wenger tells us he wants to win everything. By Xmas he tells us 4th is a trophy, by Easter we are out of everything. All we then say is next season. It is a crock. Remember a time when we used to go to OT and win?........Now we are like the spuds who have to mentally consign 6 points to the Mancs at the start of each season. Aston Villa, Forest can point to CL trophies, but our so called greatest manager ever just wants to qualify each year. Sure we can keep Wenger and expend more energy fending off the Spuds the hapless Reds and the Clueless blues. But rest assured Man City are here to stay. If Mancini bottles it this season I can bet you a handful of 50s that he will be sacked. There are better managers out there and if we hold on the the delusion that Wenger will lead us to the promised land we will miss out on them and spend possibly 30 years of our energetic years wondering how it never happened in our lifetimes.
    And rightly so, if he spends stupid money and can't win the league then he deserves to be sacked in truth. He knew his targets his employers set and in their eyes if he fails he is gone. I do agree with the rest of this post though.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Agree with this, the last thing we wanted if for him to think all is good which he will do after a mini run, he always does.

He just seems to be able to forget everything that has gone before after a few good results, I've never seen a manager who can discount all the defeats and poor results like Wenger does and just change his mind so quickly after a short run of wins.
    So you rather we lost to spurs, top Arsenal fan you are.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    So you rather we lost to spurs to Arsenal fan you are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    All this run has done is make Wenger think that this team has it and therefore will not buy the quality we need during the summer

And we will go around in circles again next season, same as this season and the last and the last and so on.
    So you would have loved us to loose to spurs and pool then? Then you must have been really happy when we went out the CL then.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you would have loved us to loose to spurs and pool then? Then you must have been really happy when we went out the CL then.
    Yes cos thats what i really said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Yes cos thats what i really said
    Had we lost those other 2 games we not have been where we are and Wenger would most probs go, which would have made you happy no? So its more or less what you said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I see. So it's only when we lose a 'high pressure' game that you deem it high pressure.
    If we'd have lost last night people would have been VERY quick to say we 'bottled it' (there was a post in the match thread before the game predicting we would if Spurs lost). Even if 4th place is the goal then Chelsea's win at the weekend put pressure on last night.
    We can't win anything this season, there's nothing to bottle.

Yes we're fighting for 4th place, it's a joke you should have a chance of getting in the CL with that to be honest, 4th place isn't an achievment it's a sign that failure is now acceptable.

It's not all about winning but for a big club progress is important and seeing the team move forward is important, it's been 6 years and we're no closer to winning anything that we were then, in fact we're further away....that's not progress.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Wengers biggest is to con the people that next year will be better than this.
    I don't remember him ever saying that.

A majority seem to suffer the battered wife syndrome, where they feel it is better to stick with the pain than try the big bad world out there. I appreciate the positive results in the last month, but what about the crap the preceded it?. We were once 15th in the league 3 months or so into the season.
    Well, no we weren't. We were 7th after 3 months, 3 points off of 3rd place (that was on 19th November, just over 3 months in). We were low down very early in the season after our car crash of a start but so what? Surely it matters where you finish, not where you are after 5 games or whatever.

The rest of your post makes some sense (apart from the bit about writing off 6 points to Utd, before this season they'd done the double over us 2 years ago but that's the only time I could see for a long time, we beat them at the tail end of last season). Are there better managers out there? Well yes, there probably are. But I don't think there are that many and unless we pick a new manager very carefully I'd say there's a good chance we'll get worse after Wenger, not better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had we lost those other 2 games we not have been where we are and Wenger would most probs go, which would have made you happy no? So its more or less what you said.
    Wenger leaving would make most fans happy. Did they all want us to lose?

Think before posting plskthx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    It's not all about winning but for a big club progress is important and seeing the team move forward is important, it's been 6 years and we're no closer to winning anything that we were then, in fact we're further away....that's not progress.
    Well I agree with that. The last month or so has been a bit of progress though. We've started to look good again and shown a bit of fight in games where we'd had setbacks. Not something we were doing much last season. If the Podolski thing is true then that is progress too, it shows a certain ambition. As I said, we'll see what happens for the rest of this season. If we crumble again then the last month or so has been another false dawn. If we keep the momentum going and finish strongly and then sign Podolski then I'd see that as some sign of heading in the right direction after, I'd agree, too long moving in the wrong one.