User Tag List

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Marseille

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by server too busy! View Post
    No but he was renowned for having a creative spark. No doubt he is covering defensively and doesn't give the ball away, but he isn't adding anything in attack. He doesn't seem to have the confidence to play a little dinked ball over the top or an early throughball when he does get the opportunity. At the moment his game seems to be maintaining possession... which is fine until we need that little bit of craft. Also this type of game all falls apart when he passes it out to Walcott or Arshavin who then give the ball away.

He's playing within himself, I'd like to see a bit more creativity on his behalf. A couple of Fabregas QB passes wouldn't go amiss.
    He needs more time but I’m disappointed so far. He’s not looking to receive the ball and when he does he’s playing bad passes. Our midfield looks disjointed and the gaps between the three are too wide. They need to keep it more compact and start bossing the middle. Our possession play is suffering.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Right ray of sunshine aren't you beta.
    A realistic ray of sunshine tbh.

You yourself have mentioned the Chelsea game coming up. If we play as we have done recently despite winning the games, we'll lose this one and we are right back to square one.

Still a couple of games to go before then albeit 2 home games. Im looking for 2 wins and 2 good performances where we insert our authority and show no mercy. Get confidence really sky high for the Chelsea game. Playing shit and winning 1-0 helps no one in the long term

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    We may have won 5 out of 6 but lets look at the bigger picture shall we?

During that run, we've had the easiest run of home games of all time and even a draw in any of them would have been scandalous. We havent looked convincing in any of them and that tells me a lot more. One hard game we had was Spuds away and we got our arses handed to us then.

So whilst im pleased we are winning whilst playing crap, ultimately if we keep playing crap, we'll eventually stop winning
    How would you know. You didn't watch any of 'em.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    How would you know. You didn't watch any of 'em.
    Extended highlights on Arsenal player, reading the match reports etc

Dont have to watch the games to know we have been shite.

Or am i wrong and we have looked brilliant in these games and have nothing to worry about and the quadruples coming home as some would have you believe cos we won 4 out of 5?

If im wrong, i apologise

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We may have won 5 out of 6 but lets look at the bigger picture shall we?

During that run, we've had the easiest run of home games of all time and even a draw in any of them would have been scandalous. We havent looked convincing in any of them and that tells me a lot more. One hard game we had was Spuds away and we got our arses handed to us then.

So whilst im pleased we are winning whilst playing crap, ultimately if we keep playing crap, we'll eventually stop winning
    Confidence was rock bottom after a disasterous summer and a very poor start to the league season. We didn't play crap last Saturday, we were very good for 20 minutes and then admittedly started to wobble. It's a positive that we didn't fall apart after the equaliser but came out strong in the 2nd half and while we struggled to get over the line we got there and you could see at the end what it meant to the players.
    You need results to build confidence and you need confidence to get results, we've not always looked convincing during our decent run but right now it's all about results. A win on Sunday and we're right in the mix again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or am i wrong and we have looked brilliant in these games and have nothing to worry about and the quadruples coming home as some would have you believe cos we won 4 out of 5?
    Are those the only two options?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Are those the only two options?
    Yes. Pick one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extended highlights on Arsenal player, reading the match reports etc

If im wrong, i apologise
    I think the point is, we've got a bit of consistency, and in this instance, not losing has been the key. Of course we can play better, and nobody (from what I've seen) is going OTT. Things just feel a little more positive after a few wins.

Of course it can change, and we will need to play better to beat better teams....but a win is a win in anyone's book. Utd played shite half of last year and won the league. Ain't saying we'll be anywhere near that, but three points is all the matters right now.

And spuds didn't hand our arses to us. We didn't deserve to lose that, by any stretch.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I think the point is, we've got a bit of consistency, and in this instance, not losing has been the key. Of course we can play better, and nobody (from what I've seen) is going OTT. Things just feel a little more positive after a few wins.

Of course it can change, and we will need to play better to beat better teams....but a win is a win in anyone's book. Utd played shite half of last year and won the league. Ain't saying we'll be anywhere near that, but three points is all the matters right now.

And spuds didn't hand our arses to us. We didn't deserve to lose that, by any stretch.
    The longer this team continue to work hard and get results, the greater our confidence will become and this will hopefully reflect upon future performances.

Right now it is ALL about working on the basics and getting results. The fancy dan play can wait.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Confidence was rock bottom after a disasterous time from February onwards to the summer and a very poor start to the league season. We didn't play crap last Saturday, we were very good for 20 minutes and then admittedly started to wobble. It's a positive that we didn't fall apart after the equaliser but came out strong in the 2nd half and while we struggled to get over the line we got there and you could see at the end what it meant to the players.
    You need results to build confidence and you need confidence to get results, we've not always looked convincing during our decent run but right now it's all about results. A win on Sunday and we're right in the mix again.
    Just corrected your little mistake there

As good as RVPs free kick was, it is a bit worrying we couldnt open up Sunderland who are on a even more worse run than us in open play. Fortunately we had one of those once in a blue moon events and RVP scored a free kick so we got away with it but he wont score them all the time, hell id say he wont score FKs 20% of the time. We look really poor in attack, we all know about our defensive frailities. We have a long way to go to get top 4. Spuds and Liverpool will need to have a shocking run of Arsenal proportions for us to get above them. Cant see it.