User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: "Thomas Vermaelen may leave" - Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant believe Barca thinks this guy is a good defender. Glad to see him gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    Cant believe Barca thinks this guy is a good defender. Glad to see him gone.
    He was immense in his first couple of seasons. Injuries and confidence issues have hampered him since. Thought he provided very good backup last season.

We definitely need a new defender now and I need a new username.
    Formerly known as Cygan's Mother

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck Tommy V..

Should have done a straight swap for Song Billong

Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
    He was immense in his first couple of seasons. Injuries and confidence issues have hampered him since. Thought he provided very good backup last season.

We definitely need a new defender now and I need a new username.
    he was an immense goal scorer from central defense.

Was always a wasteman defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Good luck Tommy V..

Should have done a straight swap for Song Billong

You should straight swap oxygen for chlorine haha lol jk
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post

Wish him well.

Fond memories of an excellent first season. Shame the injuries destabilised his form. He didn't recover it and we were rightly critical of his mistakes, but he was never as bad the hyperbole merchants (fans, non-fans and WUMs) have subsequently made out.

Hope he makes up for his RVC assists by putting Sanchez and Sanogo through on goal if we meet them.
    It is a Spring afternoon in 2012. Championship standard and paceless Adel Taarabt recieves the ball in
    a harmless position with his back to goal. The central defender is goal side and comfortably positioned.

Does he A) Relax, get a cigar out and watch Taarabt harmlessly pop the ball back into midfield as hes too slow and basic to do anything else with it.

Or B) lunge in like a fooking thick fraud, missing ball and man and give him a free run on goal?

Btw this was before his nasty-wasty destabilising injury problems. Unless there was some injury to the brain I dont know about.

That was the day anybody would have realised hes 100% done, exposed, found out. But no, you non-fans and hyperbole merchants (hyping up his shyt goals in his first season) kept defending him and protecting him, to the detriment of the club.

Shame on you friend.
    Last edited by BOBN; 10-08-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's had some dumb moments but I can't understand why someone couldn't pull him aside and tell him to stop charging up field all the time and trying to lunge in any time the ball is close.

But only concern about the move is his replacement. I hope we have it lined up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    It is a Spring afternoon in 2012. Championship standard and paceless Adel Taarabt recieves the ball in
    a harmless position with his back to goal. The central defender is goal side and comfortably positioned.

Does he A) Relax, get a cigar out and watch Taarabt harmlessly pop the ball back into midfield as hes too slow and basic to do anything else with it.

Or B) lunge in like a fooking thick fraud, missing ball and man and give him a free run on goal?

Btw this was before his nasty-wasty destabilising injury problems. Unless there was some injury to the brain I dont know about.

That was the day anybody would have realised hes 100% done, exposed, found out. But no, you non-fans and hyperbole merchants (hyping up his shyt goals in his first season) kept defending him and protecting him, to the detriment of the club.

Shame on you friend.
    excellent post

this was the day I started to really question Wengere's mental aptitude.. Embarrassing defending from an embarrassing defender. Thank god Wenger dropped him last year and then got rid of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    He's had some dumb moments but I can't understand why someone couldn't pull him aside and tell him to stop charging up field all the time and trying to lunge in any time the ball is close.

But only concern about the move is his replacement. I hope we have it lined up.
    you dont think the staff noticed this and told him to stop it? Vermaelen's just too stupid to change. Not Arsenal's problem anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind84 View Post
    excellent post

this was the day I started to really question Wengere's mental aptitude.. Embarrassing defending from an embarrassing defender. Thank god Wenger dropped him last year and then got rid of him.
    Good post young man.

Those were the dark days I did indeed begin to question Wenger. Second only to the time he nearly signed Joe Cole.

I am grateful to Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher gangbanging him on live TV during the Spurs game. Thats when public opinion changed and maybe even Wenger got shamed into dropping him (because it was actually one of his better games by his standards).