Page 125 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1838

Thread: FA Cup 2011/2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If they can't or won't play then there's rules for that. They are out and the opponents gets a bye. Are people suggesting the rules should be changed? Why?
    No of course the rules shouldn't be changed. I'm just saying it would be completely understandable if they do pull out of the FA Cup, and it's not simply a case of "getting on with it".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They haven't actually pulled out of the FA Cup rematch yet AFAIK so all this talk is premature. I think it's quite good of Villa to accept their game with Bolton to be re-arranged. There is no fixed amount of time that could be needed. Sagna's father died and he played on the same day/day after, didn't he? I also don't think it should be left in Bolton's hands when games should be played and nor would they expect it to. Bolton, as a club, feel these issues are secondary and I'm sure they are more than prepared to accept the consequences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man Utd played two weeks after Munich.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Man Utd played two weeks after Munich.
    When did Munich play then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    No of course the rules shouldn't be changed. I'm just saying it would be completely understandable if they do pull out of the FA Cup, and it's not simply a case of "getting on with it".
    It would make a bad situation worse. Besides losing a colleague, the club, the other players and all the fans would be out of the FA Cup without even trying. Why would that be understandable? When is it ever understandable to quit without trying?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think it's fair for people to say to others to just "get over it". There's no set amount of time for something like that.

Personally though I think it would be more fitting to play and try to win it rather than give it up, otherwise it would just become a millstone around their necks. It was something suggested for us after Hillsborough, but it was agreed that it would be better to get out on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post
    Don't think it's fair for people to say to others to just "get over it". There's no set amount of time for something like that.

Personally though I think it would be more fitting to play and try to win it rather than give it up, otherwise it would just become a millstone around their necks. It was something suggested for us after Hillsborough, but it was agreed that it would be better to get out on the pitch.
    This, Playing for him should be their motivation to help keep them up tbh.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll do it for Eduardo tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    We'll do it for Eduardo tbf.
    And the children, all over the world. To bring a smile to their faces and bind them together in the warm embrace of sportsmanship, camaraderie and Coca Cola.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pulling out of the Cup has been floated for them, rather than put forward by them. Davies himself has declared the question irrelevant, and at this point he is correct.