User Tag List

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Chelsea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Red Ribbon View Post
    I'm happy with a point because a defeat would have killed us mentally. Last season we would have lost that 1-0.

It doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know about this season. We need a striker in January.

It's a huge month.

How much does Wenger want it?

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now the dust has settled here are my thoughts.

- It wasn't a great performance or result, our passing game was off but bear in mind just how bad the conditions were last night. Heavy wind and torrential rain. We should have really tried to adapt our game instead of trying the intricate one two's and flicks which are difficult to pull on in normal conditions let alone the ones last night.

- In terms of league performance it's not suicide time as some of you are making out. We're still joint top FFS! And Liverpool have Man City and Chelsea to come up in their next two games, and so unless they pull of the miracolous and take 6 points from those two games provided we do our jobs we'll go back on top.

- We absoutely have to respond against West Ham. Three PL games without a win is too much for a PL title contending team.

- I love Giroud, but we certainly need someone more clinical if we're aiming to win the league. They'll be games where we'll only get one or two chances and he needs to put them away.

- Mike Dean is corrupt. How the hell Mikel remained on the pitch just baffles me but I'm certain had that been one of our players, he'd be off.

Just read Mourinho's post match comments regarding the penalty and the Mikel incident.

"They [Arsenal] like to cry - that's tradition. I prefer to say that English people - and I give one example, Frank Lampard - would never provoke a situation like that.

"Players from other countries, especially some countries, they have that in their blood.

"Foreign players are bringing lots of good things, but I prefer English blood in football and English blood in these situations is 'come on, let's go'."
    Fucking troll. Hope that gets pinned up on the dressing room wall.
    Last edited by The Emirates Gallactico; 24-12-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Well no not really, even if it had been given we could have still missed it or had it saved, so he wasn't robbed at all.

Flavour of the month Costa missed on last week.
    The penalty should have been given in the first place before we assumed they would have missed it . Anyone can miss a penalty but I don't think Arsenal players have a reputation of missing too many penalties .
    DO NOT POSTPONE TODAY'S DUTY FOR TOMORROW .IT MAY BE TOO LATE .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to be mischievous and suggest that the scousers beating City at the Etihad would actually be a good thing. This whole invincibility thing at home City have...smashing all teams that go there is not a good thing. The sooner it goes the better. More teams will be encouraged by the prospect of going there and getting a point and City are way more likely to last the distance in the league than Liverpool are anyway. I know Liverpool have Suarez but City have Aguero and a few very good forward players to say the least.

Walcott made a meal of the challenge but it was a pen and the little twirp in the black should have given it. We should be good enough to make these things an irrelevance though and we have been good enough for that to be the case in other games this season.

I agree with Neville and subsequently Ozim. Mikel's fouls was not a red, perhaps a yellow. Looked like a 50/50 ball to me and I actually didn't think in real time Arteta was going to get there first. Maybe it's because of the laboured, lead footed way in which his running comes across sometimes.

And yes it is pedantic but I am with Steve French.....we aren't top we are second albeit by a slim margin. If the league stopped today Liverpool would be champions, but I agree that second by goal difference at Christmas is sitting pretty considering.

Also I never realised that Costa scored those 20 league goals in just one month. Sign him up, I say.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 24-12-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Well no not really, even if it had been given we could have still missed it or had it saved, so he wasn't robbed at all.

Flavour of the month Costa missed on last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

100% penalty, 100% red card.

And another for Ivanovic.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus the Mikel red, that's 3. Dean didn't have the balls to do his job - that's the kind way to look at it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dean did what he was paid to do.

Paid by a betting syndicate.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lack of substitutions yesterday was criminal tbh... Ramsey and Rosicky were pretty shit yesterday. We should have brought on Santi at least.

Vinegar
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Plus the Mikel red, that's 3. Dean didn't have the balls to do his job - that's the kind way to look at it.
    Cech should have been sent off for standing up the whole game too.