User Tag List

Page 13 of 312 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Disagree. Both players have pace, starting acceleration and have designs on being strikers. Welbeck can dribble, change direction and hold off defenders due to his superior physique. where he lets himself down is his shooting, getting the ball on target. If he could do that he would be better than any of our so called strikers.
    Walcott on the other hand has acceleration and has developed into a good finisher. He wasnt so great to begin with and his first touch has also improved. What i cannot understand for the life of me is why he has no guile. he cannot move laterally with the ball at his feet but only move in the direction straight to goal. Hios pace is his greatest asset but how long before age and injuries rob him of that.
    Put it another way. If Oxlade-C could learn how to finish, he would be twice the player Walcott is. I would dispense of Walcott purely because:
    1, Ox will replace him and Gnabry too soon.
    2, Welbeck is younger and can improve if he can focus on his composure
    3, Walcott wants a starting place which we cant give him and his salary demands are higher than his value.
    I would argue also that Bellerin can get to where Walcott is is a few years IF we can get a RB that can last 4 games w/o breaking down to play behind him....that kid is FAST
    You're underestimating Theo's off the ball movement. Bellerin, Welbeck, Gnarby....they won't rack up the number of goals Theo gets if they can't make the same sort of runs.

You ever wondered why a player that hasn't got the best dribbling ability somehow manages to keep getting into great scoring opportunities but other players with superior ball control rarely get a sniff on goal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    You're underestimating Theo's off the ball movement. Bellerin, Welbeck, Gnarby....they won't rack up the number of goals Theo gets if they can't make the same sort of runs.

You ever wondered why a player that hasn't got the best dribbling ability somehow manages to keep getting into great scoring opportunities but other players with superior ball control rarely get a sniff on goal?
    Theo will only get those numbers if he can remain healthy. Based on what we've seen in the last few years I doubt it. basically what I`m saying is not that Theo is not useful to the squad , he is, but not 130-150k useful. He wants to play, so let someone else pay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But he is fit and the contract talks is another issue. We're talking about why he shouldn't be starting over Welbeck and in my opinion he should be starting now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welbeck and Walcott's finishing are both crap. Their chance-to-scoring ratio is horrible. I do think Walcott makes the better striker because he makes very good runs... unfortunately he cant do much once he has the ball. He can only run straight or laterally but his dribbling skills are as good as a dead man. Welbeck has skills on the ball but his finishing is horrible as well.

Ox and Gnabry are miles above both of them. I'd put Gnabry on for a few of the 'dead' games to see if he is still coming along as good as he did last season.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walcott's had a fair crack of the whip now and he's not really delivered, he's not worth the money being talked about as he's not a special player, we've got players in our squad more than able to take his place and I'd rather we spent those wages on someone more talented than him.

If after 10 odd years he's not managed to become a regular then the writing is on the wall for him IMO.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want him to stay but I'm not going to be shedding tears if he leaves either.

Wenger's alluded to it already and there was enough chatter in the Arsenal sphere regarding it the last time Theo's contract was up for renewal but Theo and his are team are very much motivated by money, more so than most other players. I think they're looking for an improvement to his current reported 100K a week which given how little he's been able to contribute since then and his decrease in importance (through no fault of his own tbf) is a bit ridiculous tbh. And if he actually viewed it objectively and realistically, without the bias of money, then I'm sure he himself would agree. In fact, 100K can be easily argued to be too much considering his current importance in the team now.

He's lost his place in his team because of his injury which caused Wenger and the club to rightfully develop other solutions such as Alexis, Ox and Welbeck. Now that he's recovered he can't just expect to just waltz back in ....... that would be unfair on the likes of Welbeck, Ox and Alexis who've risen up to the plate magnificently during his absence. It's up to him to develop his all round game (especially his well noted weakness areas), fight for his place and grab any opportunities that come his way. If he's not prepared to do that, then he can fuck of to Liverpool or Man City as far as I'm concerned.

At the end of the day, I want to see Arsenal succeed first and foremost, not Theo Walcott and his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walcott's injury last season came at pretty much the worst possible time. He had established himself as a starter and, more importantly, one of our main sources of goals. Then the injury kept him out for a long time, now it's no longer clear that he's part of our best 11. I would like to see him stay because he offers something different but I don't blame the club if they don't want to give him another pay rise, since he's mainly been crocked since the last one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Ox and Gnabry are miles above both of them. I'd put Gnabry on for a few of the 'dead' games to see if he is still coming along as good as he did last season.

Rate Gnabry higher than Ox. Germany youth team is short of striker and they use Gnabry as their CF. He is in the same mold Suarez and Alexis, very interesting prospect.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Gnabry still dead these days? Can't remember the last time he was involved at all.

like a new signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new rules state homegrown player must have been with club since 15, it'll mean wenger will have to replace most of his transfer targets