User Tag List

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs QPR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    the post isn't designed to state he is player of the season. of course he isn't. the point was to illustrate that his goals and assists have won us vital points. that's why it makes no sense to highlight him as one of our biggest problems. do we care if we get top four? of course, otherwise we wouldn't be here bollocking on everyday about it and everything else. is it good enough for us or the club? no. is it likely to change? probably not. so the choices for our participation are clear enough.
    I'm here because there's one interest left, finishing above the spuds. Couldn't give a shite about anything else and I don't think I'm the only one. My point is, if we go into next season with these players then we'll get the same result.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree - all that has been left for me for some time now is the desire to finish against the Spuds.

I'd feel the same way if it was for 14th/15th as I do for 4th/5th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    There is no reasoning with you on this topic. Understand, I'm not saying Theo is perfect but some of the criticism is well off and out of balance. We win by one goal and you're still arguing against that fact. Unbelievable.

Have a good day, dude.
    Stop trying to reason, this aint about football. Hes upset that a young man like theo earns a lot of money and the bitterness consumes him. But he doesnt have the balls to just say that so dresses it up as something else.

Just laugh at his feminine rage and move on. Theres nothing more to it. See ->

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    Stop trying to reason, this aint about football. Hes upset that a young man like theo earns a lot of money and the bitterness consumes him. But he doesnt have the balls to just say that so dresses it up as something else.

Just laugh at his feminine rage and move on. Theres nothing more to it. See ->
    Not me worshipping "young men" is it? Oddly (given your assumption) I don't seem to begrudge Jack his wages. Another one up in smoke? Looks like it, personally I put it down to a lack of reason and/ or attention seeking provocation. Jack signs his contract, says he loves Arsenal, plays really well right up to getting a serious injury - in your book, he's the ****. Theo? Well he's the star of the show. Play me up front boss, give me £100K boss, no I won't sign the contract until I get what I want and eat this Gooners, thanks for the contract and you get nothing back. I think being so provocatively anti on an issue fans care about and one of the few good things that remains at the club is an attention thing because it's unlikely you lack the reason (basic wit) to see through your own arguments.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Our key match was vs Everton and we fucked it.
    Why was that the key one? They're all key ones aren't they?

We're not going to win every single game, strangely it's the two games we've played best in - Utd and Everton - that we've not won. We've rather stumbled through the rest and won them all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    he didnt trouble them at all. he never ran at them, the ox offered more threat then theo did all match. sagna wasnt great, but if you watch, he never has an out ball when forward, because theo runs centre, meaning sagna when under pressure has to go right back to per
    I only saw the highlights but from what they showed we only had about 3 really decent chances and Theo had all of them. He scored and had another 2 shots saved one of while hit the post and nearly went in.

Theo certainly isn't as good as some (well, one) of the WUMs on here makes out but he's not as bad as some of the other WUMs make out either.
    You're being a bit harsh on him IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I only saw the highlights but from what they showed we only had about 3 really decent chances and Theo had all of them. He scored and had another 2 shots saved one of while hit the post and nearly went in.

Theo certainly isn't as good as some (well, one) of the WUMs on here makes out but he's not as bad as some of the other WUMs make out either.
    You're being a bit harsh on him IMO.
    That's right, we have players here that aren't that good and aren't that bad. Which is why our standards have plunged along with our ability to compete. Our very ordinary players mean we have very ordinary season after very ordinary season and I thought this is what the fans are pissed about? It's not we all demand trophies, it's we want some hope of competing for a trophy. Well you can't do that with players like Theo Walcott.

On the surface he's no worse than some of the other shit here except in one respect, his contract saga. Of course some fans are going to see straight through him and have a strong opinion of what they see. Look how it's done - Giroud, he's shit but he tries and I like the bloke. Put another way, it'd be great if he could get his shit together and most fans (while I suspect knowing he's never going to be good enough) are giving him the chance to prove them wrong. Kos is another example. We all hope Giroud will be the next Kos, right?

Gervinho, he's had slightly longer but remains a bit of a joke. Patience is thinner with him.

Walcott? How long exactly? How many years? And then he does the whole contract thing? Really, you can't see there's a difference with this guy?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Why was that the key one? They're all key ones aren't they?
    That was our game in hand, so it came with some psychological baggage. I think an argument can be made that because of that, it was the one that came with the most pressure and the one that we cracked in.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That's right, we have players here that aren't that good and aren't that bad. Which is why our standards have plunged along with our ability to compete. Our very ordinary players mean we have very ordinary season after very ordinary season and I thought this is what the fans are pissed about? It's not we all demand trophies, it's we want some hope of competing for a trophy. Well you can't do that with players like Theo Walcott.

On the surface he's no worse than some of the other shit here except in one respect, his contract saga. Of course some fans are going to see straight through him and have a strong opinion of what they see. Look how it's done - Giroud, he's shit but he tries and I like the bloke. Put another way, it'd be great if he could get his shit together and most fans (while I suspect knowing he's never going to be good enough) are giving him the chance to prove them wrong. Kos is another example. We all hope Giroud will be the next Kos, right?

Gervinho, he's had slightly longer but remains a bit of a joke. Patience is thinner with him.

Walcott? How long exactly? How many years? And then he does the whole contract thing? Really, you can't see there's a difference with this guy?
    20 goals and 14 assists is a decent return for an ordinary player. We've had better players but some haven't even come close to those sort of numbers and they played alongside better players. If this is a shit season for Theo, what's he going to be like if he's really in form and carries it through for a whole season?

The contract situation is a funny one. It makes no sense bitching about the players wanting competitive wages and then bitching about the penny pinching, asset stripping Board. We can't have it both ways and I hope as a club we're now willing to pay competitive wages otherwise we'll continue to fall behind. He wanted a better contract like all players do and he got it. It would have been senseless to dig our heels in because you know we'd never have spent to replace him because we're looking at spending £20+m and over £100k a week on a winger that can get that many goals and assists plus scare the defenders senseless. I hope we've now passed that threshold and we're now willing to spend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    Feo:

West Ham away 1-3 (scored the second goal)
    Newcastle home 7-3 (scored first and fourth goal - score was 3-3)
    Liverpool home 2-2 (scored second goal)
    Man Utd home 1-1 (scored only goal)
    QPR away 0-1 (scored only goal)

that's eleven points from his goals, and only one of those was as a striker, when he scored a hat trick against newcastle. that's not even analysing the assists that have contributed to other points. i think it would be fair to suggest at least another 6 points would have come as a result of assists he provided.

take those points away and where are we? far too easy to say we could replace those goals very easily because football isn't played on paper.

not the greatest footballer in the world but he is effective. that is the bottom line. that is needed in this team right now.
    Good bit of analysis.