User Tag List

Page 1342 of 1388 FirstFirst ... 342842124212921332134013411342134313441352 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,420 of 13879

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They might as well just give us the CL now tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post

Be interesting to see if anyone is triggered by this, given how much animosity there was towards Wenger before he left us. I’m not going to lie, I was sick to the back teeth of him by 2018…burnt out in terms of ideas and innovation. But as soon as he announced he was going (not that I think he was given much choice) all that frustration and annoyance went.

Out of the three titles he won, my favourite strangely enough is not the unbeaten season but the second double winning season where we won the title at Old Trafford, scored in every game and won 14 games away from home (including our first win at Anfield in 9 years….now it’s been 11)

It was a last hurrah for a lot of the old guard like Seaman, Dixon, Adams. Plus you had two of my favourite Arsenal goals of all time, the Bergkamp control, spin and shoot against Newcastle and Pires’ ridiculously nonchalant lob against Aston Villa

That was peak Wenger for me. He transformed how the rest of the country saw Arsenal football club. We played with a confidence and a swagger, but we also had an imposing physicality…the players from Campbell to Vieira were all giants who were as physically imposing as they were technically accomplished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There won't be any problem IMO, people just wanted him to move on but that was in part so they could celebrate his glory years without being annoyed with him regarding how it had got worse.

You only have to look what it was like at the 'Merci Arsene' match

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he just about got away with it. Wish he'd left after that last FA Cup though. I mean, ideally before that, but that would have been a positive ending at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    There won't be any problem IMO, people just wanted him to move on but that was in part so they could celebrate his glory years without being annoyed with him regarding how it had got worse.

You only have to look what it was like at the 'Merci Arsene' match

Yeah I think you’re probably right but you know what some people can be like

Wenger himself stayed away for years because he felt he wouldn’t get a good welcome, which I don’t know if he genuinely believed that or whether he was still a bit salty about how it ended and needed a bit of time to pass. The impression I got in a way was that he committed so much to the job that he’d barely taken the time to enjoy life outside of Arsenal and whilst his ego for a year or so wouldn’t allow him to reconcile himself to not getting another managerial job that he would consider adequate for his skill set/reputation…I get the impression he’s genuinely enjoying his retirement now (and why shouldn’t he)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way things ended was regretful but now the dust has settled there’s no doubt this man is an absolute hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AW beach photos now
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younglings probably don't remember or know that when he walked into the club it was in the era of "drinking schools", fried food and foreign players being an exotic luxury.
    The effect he had on the Club and the English game in general was revolutionary.
    And he took us from "boring boring Arsenal" to playing some of the best club football I've ever seen.
    The Invincibles was brilliant but quite honestly it's a bit of a statistical quirk which involved a fairly large slice of luck - not least the last minute pel at OT.
    But when I was a kid the Double was spoken about in hushed tones. To deliver it twice, and with all the other silverware and accolades.
    He's one of the most important people in our modern history.