User Tag List

Page 1344 of 1388 FirstFirst ... 344844124412941334134213431344134513461354 ... LastLast
Results 13,431 to 13,440 of 13878

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...10-to-20-years

I genuinely don’t get the obsession with this. It’s not about saying players should stay in the closet. But equally can you blame them for doing so?…given the obsession the media has with their private lives.

For what it’s worth, we clearly have had and still do have gay players in the premier league.
    Probably the best few sentences you've written since you came back.

I’m utterly convinced Kieran Tierney is in a relationship with the bloke who does the catering on the training ground who he lives with.

Odegaard seems very effeminate as well. But just heedless speculation.
    Then you go ahead and spoil it by doing exactly what you are complaining the media does by making it a thing

Anyway team "no one cares" probably needs to be more vocal, because this seems to be a pretty onesided conversation now and its honestly getting tiring.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 04-08-2023 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said it’s just heedless speculation to say, it’s possible we have gay players in the team. Not particularly all that interested in finding out who they are. Just idle curiosity rather than thinking it especially important. But you’re right in that I didn’t actually need to do so.

There has clearly been a sea change in football, In that twenty years ago, chants that would now be considered homophobic were prominent at football grounds. Graeme Le Saux, Ashley Cole etc all got a bit of stick as did Sol Campbell.

For me there was a clear distinction between chants aimed at Brighton supporters “we can see you holding hands” and stuff like “Sol, Sol wherever you may be. We hope you die from HIV”

I’m not going to pretend I didn’t join in with chants like “Ten men went to bed with Ashley” or “Le Saux takes it up the arse”. Nor am I going to insult anyone’s intelligence by saying I’m deeply ashamed of my behaviour back then. I’m not, for me it was all fair game…I wouldn’t do such chants now because I don’t want to be banned from a ground or end up with a police record.

It is hard to know whether there’s been an attitude change amongst fans or whether it’s just that the authorities have come down hard.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 04-08-2023 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m utterly convinced Kieran Tierney is in a relationship with the bloke who does the catering on the training ground who he lives with.

Odegaard seems very effeminate as well. But just heedless speculation.
    but you thought you'd say it anyway

TBH i've always thought that a bunch of guys having a bath together was always really gay but there you go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully there’s a player who just comes out and puts an end to all this awareness crap. At the end of the day fans will only care whether they’re good at football or not.

We’re an incredibly tolerant society.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    but you thought you'd say it anyway
    Exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Hopefully there’s a player who just comes out and puts an end to all this awareness crap. At the end of the day fans will only care whether they’re good at football or not.
    Opposition fans will definitely have a pop, that’s why no one wants to be the first one to come out

Like Hitzlsperger they’ll just wait until they’ve retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said it’s just heedless speculation to say, it’s possible we have gay players in the team. Not particularly all that interested in finding out who they are. Just idle curiosity rather than thinking it especially important. But you’re right in that I didn’t actually need to do so.

There has clearly been a sea change in football, In that twenty years ago, chants that would now be considered homophobic were prominent at football grounds. Graeme Le Saux, Ashley Cole etc all got a bit of stick as did Sol Campbell.

For me there was a clear distinction between chants aimed at Brighton supporters “we can see you holding hands” and stuff like “Sol, Sol wherever you may be. We hope you die from HIV”

I’m not going to pretend I didn’t join in with chants like “Ten men went to bed with Ashley” or “Le Saux takes it up the arse”. Nor am I going to insult anyone’s intelligence by saying I’m deeply ashamed of my behaviour back then. I’m not, for me it was all fair game…I wouldn’t do such chants now because I don’t want to be banned from a ground or end up with a police record.

It is hard to know whether there’s been an attitude change amongst fans or whether it’s just that the authorities have come down hard.

TBH even I can't answer your last sentence and I do ponder how genuine the results of this crusade for all things LGBTQXRYZZZ+ really is.

One thing I am increasingly sure of is that this media addiction has actually made some people who were never on board with this kind of stuff more defensive and more forthright in their views than they were in the 90s. I remember watching the Crying Game as a kid and being shocked by the reveal....but then it wasn't that big a deal or something worth mentioning in school the next day. You just moved on.

Like I hinted earlier, I'm really begining to believe there is going to be a very intense and unfortunate backlash if the media and authorities don't take a chill pill and let things just evolve naturally. We didn't have this kind of acrimony when gay marriage was allowed, it just felt organic and you could hardly hear a whimper against it.

BTW, my response is probably targeted more at Transgender related news, which Sky also wrote about today....but yeah, we are meant to see all things as the same ..at least that's what the media keeps drumming in our ears.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 04-08-2023 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opposition fans will definitely have a pop, that’s why no one wants to be the first one to come out

Like Hitzlsperger they’ll just wait until they’ve retired
    You get sad and weak individuals online who say all sorts of crap about anything. I even saw some poking fun at the Ramsdale story yesterday. You just know they’d fold like a pack of cards if ever tasked with saying these things face to face.

I think match going fans would be far more accepting tbh. Opposition included.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    You get sad and weak individuals online who say all sorts of crap about anything. I even saw some poking fun at the Ramsdale story yesterday. You just know they’d fold like a pack of cards if ever tasked with saying these things face to face.

I think match going fans would be far more accepting tbh. Opposition included.

I think people often mistake homophobic chants for actual genuinely homophobic sentiment. Even 15 years ago when you could hear such chants in the stand. I don’t think I felt any animosity towards people who were gay, it was just an insult that teenage boys threw at each other. Genuine homophobia comes from let’s be fair the south Asian and West Indian/African communities because their religious beliefs tell them that it’s sinful.

But opposition fans will consider it like sledging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    TBH even I can't answer your last sentence and I do ponder how genuine the results of this crusade for all things LGBTQXRYZZZ+ really is.

One thing I am increasingly sure of is that this media addiction has actually made some people who were never on board with this kind of stuff more defensive and more forthright in their views than they were in the 90s. I remember watching the Crying Game as a kid and being shocked by the reveal....but then it wasn't that big a deal or something worth mentioning in school the next day. You just moved on.

Like I hinted earlier, I'm really begining to believe there is going to be a very intense and unfortunate backlash if the media and authorities don't take a chill pill and let things just evolve naturally. We didn't have this kind of acrimony when gay marriage was allowed, it just felt organic and you could hardly hear a whimper against it.

BTW, my response is probably targeted more at Transgender related news, which Sky also wrote about today....but yeah, we are meant to see all things as the same ..at least that's what the media keeps drumming in our ears.
    I think a pushback is on the way, but in fairness it’s more because of the attempt to marry up Trans people with being Gay

Pronouns, Non Binary, Trans women are women, Self ID (which is just an invitation for every pervert to put on a frock and enter female only spaces) is what people are getting tired of. No one cared that Sam Smith is gay but the whole non binary thing just gets on peoples nerves because it doesn’t mean anything and it’s just so Me Me Me Me Me.

I feel sorry for a lot of middle aged gay men and women, they led the charge to end prejudice and now they have all these freaks, exhibitionists and degenerates associated with their cause.