User Tag List

Page 1349 of 1388 FirstFirst ... 349849124912991339134713481349135013511359 ... LastLast
Results 13,481 to 13,490 of 13879

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is I get the need for changing things, all of us were screaming for that last season but putting square pegs in round holes is not changing things, it’s being a Wally.

The whole press conference gets better. He says we can’t spend our way out of Timber injury, no that’s fair enough….might it have been something to consider not sending both Tierney and Tavares out on loan though?.

The frustrating thing is no journalist challenges this. Frankly I’m glad he can’t spend anymore money given we wasted 200 million in the summer and are weaker than last season, but surely trying to bring a player in on loan or the more simpler option of not getting rid of players who could be useful might help.

Le Grove the blogger who agitated for years to bin off Wenger is his minister of propaganda because as someone who works in the corporate world, he loves the bullshit and the idea of selling visions. The type of guy who would have thought Enron was on the up and up, until it was too late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we wasted £115m, £65m on Havertz plus Rice ahould have been £50m

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Do you think we needed Rice when we had Partey and Jorginho though?

The only argument for it is that Rice will be here long after those two have gone and be a club stalwart. If they felt it was now or never for him then I can understand the move, but not agree with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

Shouldn’t have bought Rice full stop and we were never getting him for 50 million due to English tax.

Should have signed Caicedo, another midfielder and a striker. Timber I don’t think we needed another defender we just needed better but it’s hard to trust defensive purchases when so many of them have been poor , and although easy to say with hindsight that’s money wasted because his career is over. You don’t recover fully from an ACL injury especially when it
    came about non contact.

Havertz? Shouldn’t have signed but I think it’s a case of trying to get the best out of him which means removing him from 8. And Rice should serve as a warning for overspending on average players…it’s hilarious almost that we paid only slightly less for him than Madrid did for Bellingham. Jesus what we could have achieved with a player like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post

The only argument for it is that Rice will be here long after those two have gone and be a club stalwart. If they felt it was now or never for him then I can understand the move, but not agree with it.

We needed two midfielders not just one. We just signed the wrong ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post

This is my feeling too.

Jorginho and Partey are both out of contract at the end of this season. We know the club were prepared to let Partey leave this summer if the right offer came in too.

Rice is a nailed on captain and should become part of the club furniture. He wasn’t worth 100m but I’m sure the club have banked on a long term impact from him which would make the 100m look worth it.

This season might just have to be a hot mess until the squad naturally becomes more streamlined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    This is my feeling too.

Jorginho and Partey are both out of contract at the end of this season. We know the club were prepared to let Partey leave this summer if the right offer came in too.

Rice is a nailed on captain and should become part of the club furniture. He wasn’t worth 100m but I’m sure the club have banked on a long term impact from him which would make the 100m look worth it.

This season might just have to be a hot mess until the squad naturally becomes more streamlined.

I’m sorry to become a broken record, but there’s no future for the club synonymous with success whilst there’s a future for Rice at the club. Our best bet is for him to join one of the Saudi clubs next summer….and see how much of the fee we will recoup for him. Unfortunately when you’ve invested that much in a player, the club will double down and insist on him playing.

Hopefully given time, people will let go of that tendency people have for sunk cost fallacy. Accept that football isn’t mountain climbing…it doesn’t matter how determined you are, how strong you are mentally….you have to have the talent to back it up, and he doesn’t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify Rice is better than a lot of the absolute garbage we’ve played in midfield for years. At his absolute best he’s a slightly inferior Gilberto Silva.

But also there’s a lot of far better players we had too, Torreira is a better midfielder than Rice, whilst Rice is stronger than Guendouzi, Guendouzi is a better passer of the ball….but then again as long as he was under no pressure so was Xhaka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I’m sorry to become a broken record, but there’s no future for the club synonymous with success whilst there’s a future for Rice at the club. Our best bet is for him to join one of the Saudi clubs next summer….and see how much of the fee we will recoup for him. Unfortunately when you’ve invested that much in a player, the club will double down and insist on him playing.

Hopefully given time, people will let go of that tendency people have for sunk cost fallacy. Accept that football isn’t mountain climbing…it doesn’t matter how determined you are, how strong you are mentally….you have to have the talent to back it up, and he doesn’t.
    I think your assessment of Rice is clouded by the fact you preferred another player who went for roughly the same amount.

Though like you, I also wanted Caicedo over Rice, I must admit I'm not having sleepless nights over it anymore. I mean I still do believe a partnership of Partey and Caicedo is superior to what we are witnessing now, however I don't see Rice as an inferior player like you do.

From the 3 games we've witnessed (and the Citeh game) its clear he's a different kind of player from the box to box midfielder we all envisioned, however, the kid "knows his shit", plays with his brains and is only going to get better.. I can't really describe it or put it in more coherent words...but I know that if I'm playing a final against a Citeh, Madrid or Barca, he's one of the first names I'll be putting on the sheet from our current squad. He's a signing a coach like Klopp would do wonders with.

I mean yes, the balance is wrong currently......and yes, he probably shouldn't be starting every game with Partey, however that's all down to Captain Black being a royal mong.

We will get value from Rice either from Arteta or someone else. I am sure of it. As for Kai Havertz, if we were in a 3rd world dictatorship, I would be feeding Arteta to my pet lions for sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    I think your assessment of Rice is clouded by the fact you preferred another player who went for roughly the same amount.

Though like you, I also wanted Caicedo over Rice, I must admit I'm not having sleepless nights over it anymore. I mean I still do believe a partnership of Partey and Caicedo is superior to what we are witnessing now, however I don't see Rice as an inferior player like you do.

From the 3 games we've witnessed (and the Citeh game) its clear he's a different kind of player from the box to box midfielder we all envisioned, however, the kid "knows his shit", plays with his brains and is only going to get better.. I can't really describe it or put it in more coherent words...but I know that if I'm playing a final against a Citeh, Madrid or Barca, he's one of the first names I'll be putting on the sheet from our current squad. He's a signing a coach like Klopp would do wonders with.

I mean yes, the balance is wrong currently......and yes, he probably shouldn't be starting every game with Partey, however that's all down to Captain Black being a royal mong.

We will get value from Rice either from Arteta or someone else. I am sure of it. As for Kai Havertz, if we were in a 3rd world dictatorship, I would be feeding Arteta to my pet lions for sport.

Oh come on, this is insane…it’s like Ramsey all over again. I’m not saying Rice is shit because he’s not shit, he’s between the levels of average to decent and he’s a hard working professional. I’m not saying anything controversial…you all know it.

He’s surplus to requirements because we have two midfielders in Jorginho and Partey who aren’t only better than him they are miles better than him. The point of buying a midfielder arguably two was to improve midfield. We needed to do better than Xhaka and Partey (Partey is an excellent player but he can go massively off the boil and is injury prone) and Xhaka was a liability.

Instead we signed Rice is inferior (I’m not saying it as an insult just a statement of fact) to Jorginho and Partey and we are playing Havertz at no8. It’s not that I would have preferred Caicedo it’s that it’s obvious to anyone who has ever watched a game of football that he was a player we needed to take us forward, as well as a box to box midfielder

I didn’t envision a box to box player in Rice, I knew full well that he wasn’t that type of player so I don’t know what you were expecting. From the outset I never really saw a place for Rice in the team other than to stodge up midfield when playing one of the bigger sides, and he was a better option than Elneny for that. But for 100 million you do of course want far more than that.