User Tag List

Page 1362 of 1388 FirstFirst ... 362862126213121352136013611362136313641372 ... LastLast
Results 13,611 to 13,620 of 13879

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I love Wrighty. Met him at the airport once after I had a few beers. I don’t think he was best pleased that I drew attention to him while he was with his family but he was still decent about it and let me take a photo with him.
    Never met him but I do like what I’d call his infectious optimism

Met Romford Ray a few times, used to be a regular at a pub I’d go to. Seen him at the local train station a few times and he’s given me a friendly nod (has no idea who I am or what my name is of course but he’s seen me at the pub). I went up to him and said hello once but other than that he’s either with friends or with his girls so I don’t pester him

Certainly wouldn’t embarrass myself by telling him that he’s scored one of my favourite ever Arsenal goals (the screamer against Chelsea in the fa cup final)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big fan of Parlour.
    Not the most technically gifted but worked hard and kept his place in an exceptional side.
    And yes, “it’s only Ray Parlour”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and dad were right behind that one.

I got him a signed photo of it framed for Christmas one year, which I think is probably the best present I've ever given
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It's me

Back when they did the North Bank, they funded it with bonds. The first thousand people to buy them got an opportunity to meet some players and have a photo before a game.
    It was players who weren't playing that day but Ian Wright, being Ian Wright, had got himself suspended , so he was one of the players I got to have a photo taken with.
    Nice one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big fan of Parlour.
    Not the most technically gifted but worked hard and kept his place in an exceptional side.
    That was such a great bit of commentary

As you might know there's a North London ale called 'Romford Pele' in his honour - it's a good pint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big fan of Parlour.
    I dunno, man. I think that's one of these kinda false narratives that formed around Parlour. Probably because he was so industrious but it never came at the expense of technical skills, imo. I was actually watching some Wright highlights after this thread and Parlour features a lot with some lovely assists. Beautiful through balls and flicks.

Scored an amazing hatrick against...German team...Werder maybe...and the first two were things of absolute beauty. Outside of the boot in off the far post for one and another he skinned a few players and rolled it in off the same post...canny mind the third, tbh, so prob not as good.

Anyway, naw saying he was Bergkampesque or anything but I think he's hugely under rated nowadays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh it doesn’t feel right, but I actually agree with this. I think Parlour was if anything underrated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal U18 game at Brighton postponed because the coach went to Bournemouth instead

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Arsenal U18 game at Brighton postponed because the coach went to Bournemouth instead
    We don’t know where we’re going
    We don’t know where we’re going

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Easily done. I hear there are hundreds of people each year who end up in Austria when they meant to be in Australia or vice versa. I`ll take a guess and assume they were mostly "Mericans"
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 05-11-2023 at 05:32 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day