User Tag List

Page 1372 of 1388 FirstFirst ... 372872127213221362137013711372137313741382 ... LastLast
Results 13,711 to 13,720 of 13879

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    But then you can say that about any club, when fan base is determined is it simply domestic or foreign fan base. Where I grew up it was far more common to support Spurs than Arsenal (but then it was far more common for people to support West Ham than either of the north london clubs). But Spurs is one of the founder members of the premier league, along with Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea, United and us it’s the only club never to have been relegated from the premier league and it has in my lifetime anyway always enjoyed quite sizeable support.

I have no connection to the club because both my parents grew up in Islington. My mother on Essex Road and my father Pentonville. I do have some cousins who live in Tottenham, but the area has never been familiar to me. But given I’ve always known spurs fans…I don’t have visceral hatred for the club….they are rivals and always want to beat them, and of course don’t want them winning anything big. But beyond that, I don’t have contempt for them the way I do for Chelsea.

But then no bad thing, we see what happens in other places where football rivalry takes on a much nastier dimension such as the sectarian element in Glasgow or the stabby element between the Istanbul clubs
    I also spent most of my early years in Islington (before it became gentrified). My older brothers took me to Arsenal from an early age as it was so close. My parents were born in Tottenham and had cousins living there (before it became stab central shithole) who were Spurs fans. It still doesn't stop me hating them with a passion! As mentioned in another post, I guess it is down to crowd disturbance I witnessed in the late 70s and 80s? They also hate us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I know quite a few "new found" Spurs fans and they are the fucking worst kind. Their run in the Champions League in 2019 and new stadium has greatly assist this annoying craze. I loathe them more than any other club. I guess down to history and crowd disorder I unfortunately witnessed in the late 70s and 80s.
    This is more like it and just to add that the worst of their fans are real scum whereas while I'm sure there's one or two idiots among ours I don't think we're in any way a club known for violent fans

I hate the way most Spuds fans are so deluded, may they go on failng and failing well, maybe one day the media will have to admit they're one big permanent flop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    This is more like it and just to add that the worst of their fans are real scum whereas while I'm sure there's one or two idiots among ours I don't think we're in any way a club known for violent fans

I hate the way most Spuds fans are so deluded, may they go on failng and failing well, maybe one day the media will have to admit they're one big permanent flop

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think either Spurs or Arsenal have that reputation. I'm sure we both have our knuckle draggers - back in the day I went on a few away European trips with Arsenal and there were some real morons. And there was that whole Arsenal forum (The Herd?) dedicated to misty-eyed memories of pre/post match punch ups. An era I'm sure NQ would describe as the good old days.
    But, overall, I don't think either club have a big nasty element in their fanbases, unlike teams like Chelsea who definitely do, some of which I've encountered back when I was going to games.

There is a fair amount of delusion amongst them, I agree with that. But that just makes it all the funnier when they fall flat on their stupid faces over and over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever has been negative about the corrosive effect of money on football, I think the one change we can (well most of us) appreciate is the downturn in football thuggery across the board. I’ve been going to games (infrequently mind) in the last twenty years or so and have never felt remotely intimidated by opposition fans, even in local derby matches against spurs and West Ham.

Yeah the police are there to manage things, but ultimately most fans confine themselves to banter and chanting. You’ll get the odd group of dickheads who can’t behave themselves but invariably most people just want to watch the football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Edu and the back room staff are working hard in trying to plug the revenue gap on City, Chelsea and the scum.

I remember when Wenger helped design the "State of the art facility" with the Anelka transfer money.

https://dailycannon.com/2024/02/arse...ty-partnershi/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Partey has yet another injury setback!

This guy needs to be sold asap. He is Jack Wheelchair's brother, I am sure of that.

https://www.onlinegooner.com/article...ol-clash-looms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we should have sold him in the summer, it was obvious he was already finished, but at that point we'd have been able to con someone into some kind of decent fee, now we've no chance of it - we'll get nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we should have sold him in the summer, it was obvious he was already finished, but at that point we'd have been able to con someone into some kind of decent fee, now we've no chance of it - we'll get nothing
    Yep. Another potential financial loss on a player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Injury setback"

Uhuh.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting