User Tag List

Page 139 of 322 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jenkinson, Campbell and Assno have no future here, and one of the keepers will have to go. I also can’t really see Welbeck getting a game unless there’s a few injuries clearing his path, so he might as well move on too. How many CBs do we have in the senior squad now? 6? Something is probably going to have to give there. Kos ain’t going anywhere while he’s injured, and it won’t be the 2 new Greek lads, so that leaves Mustafi, Chambers or Holding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Juve have already recouped half of Ronaldo’s transfer fee in shirt sales.

What a bargain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    I'd hold off from selling Xhaka and Mustafi in this window. Curious to see if Emery can get a bit more out of them compared to Wenger. I highly doubt we'll recoup what we paid for either if we sell now. They're probably valued at £15m to £25m as it stands.

Reports say we're planning on selling some players. That wouldn't surprise me. We've got a lot of players that we have to get rid of. Jenkinson, Campbell is still an Arsenal player, one of Ospina, Cech or Martinez has to go, Welbeck, Asano, Perez and Iwobi could go. I like Iwobi but have serious doubt about his end product. I can't see him featuring a lot for us this season if he doesn't impose himself in the final third.
    Not me, Xhaka was terrible for Switzerland as well, the guy offers nothing to the team IMO, just want rid. Mustafi maybe but not convinced he's any good tbh.

I'd agree about Iwobi, no end product would be happy to sell him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Apparently Juve have already recouped half of Ronaldo’s transfer fee in shirt sales.

What a bargain.
    He's a hugely marketable player, they'll get their money back and more and also bag themself a world beater in the process. Signing these worldies costs a lot but you get your money back several times over sometimes through their marketability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

What a bargain.
    That’s made Adidas happy at least. They’ll get about 90% of that and Juventus 10%, as they get a lump sum every year and the manufacturer gets the vast majority of kit sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    That’s made Adidas happy at least. They’ll get about 90% of that and Juventus 10%, as they get a lump sum every year and the manufacturer gets the vast majority of kit sales.
    Signing these top players costs a lot no doubt about it, but clubs do their homework, they know how much money they can recoup from the extra shirt sales and commercial deals, it's definitely worthwhile, even ignoring the difference they make on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Signing these top players costs a lot no doubt about it, but clubs do their homework, they know how much money they can recoup from the extra shirt sales and commercial deals, it's definitely worthwhile, even ignoring the difference they make on the pitch.
    It’s an amortised deal, so they spread the cost over how many years he actually stays there. No doubt they’re banking on winning the CL to recoup a large amount of the fee and wages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Jive might be the force in Italy but they do not have the worldwide following of the big 3. RM, Barca and ManU. This will do it for them. Assuming they have a good deal on image rights with Ronaldo, they will make mint in far flung regions like Thailand, Vietnam and Crippsland.
    Difficulty is getting those guys to buy genuine product.

Cripps no longer wanted to be an Arsenal fan anyway that's why he goaded the holders of the infinity stones to use the ultimate weapon. Look for him on a Juve forum near you.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 19-07-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just get rid of Xhaka. Still maintain, completely the wrong profile of player and Mustafi makes too many of the sort of mistakes bad players make rather than badly coached ones do. No matter how long we wait we won't get the fee back so might as well sell now and buy a proper CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Just get rid of Xhaka. Still maintain, completely the wrong profile of player and Mustafi makes too many of the sort of mistakes bad players make rather than badly coached ones do. No matter how long we wait we won't get the fee back so might as well sell now and buy a proper CB.
    I'm with you, I watched Xhaka carefully in the World Cup and the same problems were there that are there when he plays for us, just switches off and doesn't track his man, we know he can't tackle and to be honest his passing is vastly overrated, he barely ever delivers a decent pass, I can't see one redeeming feature in his play.

As for Mustafi, yeah he hasn't impressed either, the basic mistakes he's made time and time again are unforgiveable, we tried to flog him last summer so clearly we didn't think he was good enough then, he still isn't.