Page 148 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't deserve its own thread at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    That doesn't deserve its own thread at the moment.
    Nothing to do with Arsenal transfers deserves a thread tbf.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason we're being heavily linked with Lemar.

If that happens, NQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmino Is Boss View Post
    For some reason we're being heavily linked with Lemar.

If that happens, NQ
    Good luck to you. He's a superb player and a rising talent and, tbf, he'd see his career progress under Klopp as opposed to ruined under Wenger. I enjoy watching Lemar play and it would be sad if he signed for us and ended up becoming another tippy tap merchant too fearful to lose the ball.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil to Dortmund looks on. That will make some people happy I guess.

Gypos ready to pay 75 mill for Aubemayang.

Lemar to Liverpool for 55 million.

Mustafi to Juve provided they meet the 35 mill valuation.

No news whatsoever on potential transfers in for Arsenal. It's all about how the squad is rushing to lifeboats.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gypo bid for Alexis will be 70 mill plus somebody called Jason Denayer.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt we will even be able to attract anybody of note let alone sign anybody. Our rep is in the gutter right now, we have a bunch of our best players all wanting out and the fact we offered the likes of Sanchez & Ox those contracts and they still want out tells us all we need to know.

A couple of seasons out of top 4 is going to be very damaging for this club in the long run.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I see Le Grove is still trying to suggest Gazidis is some kind of Svengali who has big ambitions for the club and he is being hampered by Kroenke and Wenger.

Come off it, after all his bullshit in April the guy clearly has no self respect and was trying to deflect criticism from himself. Whether he wanted Wenger gone or not is immaterial he's the chief executive if he has absolutely no clout and yet tries to spin that Wenger was the best avaliable option for the club shows exactly what he is. Let's not forget he was around before Kroenke and he oversaw Wengers power grab.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I see Le Grove is still trying to suggest Gazidis is some kind of Svengali who has big ambitions for the club and he is being hampered by Kroenke and Wenger.

Come off it, after all his bullshit in April the guy clearly has no self respect and was trying to deflect criticism from himself. Whether he wanted Wenger gone or not is immaterial he's the chief executive if he has absolutely no clout and yet tries to spin that Wenger was the best avaliable option for the club shows exactly what he is. Let's not forget he was around before Kroenke and he oversaw Wengers power grab.
    Been listening to the Arsecast Extra this morning and Arseblog was essentially saying the same thing. He made a failed powerplay last year to get rid of the manager, got cucked by Kroenke & Wenger and instead of resigning with integrity, prefers to stick around despite being emasculated because it's too much of a cushy paypacket (£2 million a year plus bonuses) & job to give up.

I suppose I've been guilty of perhaps giving too much credit to Gazidis on here but he at least made a concerted attempt at change, interviewing potential new managerial targets and attempting to introduce a DoF which is far better than anything Wenger or Kroenke have done to reverse course.

I guess it's a Trump like situation where because the bar and expectations are so low with fans absolutely desperate for anything, even the most minimal attempt to show some basic competence or initiative is praised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I suggested the summer would see the end of either Wenger or Gazidis because the loser in that struggle would have too much dignity to hang around and would damage their reputation irreparably by doing so. Just goes to show how out of touch I have become with a corporate world I escaped years ago. These days dignity doesn't enter into it.
    Für eure Sicherheit