Page 149 of 707 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249649 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I’d be going mad with boredom if i was furloughed. It’s bad enough not being able to leave the house and having some work to do.
    Yeah. One of the colleagues I was talking to earlier was pretty happy about it. He is a keen gardener so can happily potter around doing that.
    I think I'd have been bored though, from past experience MrsL and me don't function well if we are under each other's feet too much.
    It's fine right now because most of the day I'm in my office, but if I was kicking around and we weren't able to go and have days out it wouldn't have been great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah. One of the colleagues I was talking to earlier was pretty happy about it. He is a keen gardener so can happily potter around doing that.
    I think I'd have been bored though, from past experience MrsL and me don't function well if we are under each other's feet too much.
    It's fine right now because most of the day I'm in my office, but if I was kicking around and we weren't able to go and have days out it wouldn't have been great.
    Yep. As you say, if things start to open up and you are on furlough it might not be bad. I would love a months paid holiday to go play golf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I’d be going mad with boredom if i was furloughed. It’s bad enough not being able to leave the house and having some work to do.
    *sigh*

let's try again shall we? you can leave the house any time you want, just carry a shopping bag or wear exercise gear - how many times do i have to tell people?

the problem isn't leaving the house it's the lack of options once you have, with no eating/drinking places being open and long queues at the shops and when you get in they've sold out of whatever it was you went there for in the first place

but you can of course go for a walk in the park - again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    *sigh*

let's try again shall we? you can leave the house any time you want, just carry a shopping bag or wear exercise gear - how many times do i have to tell people?

the problem isn't leaving the house it's the lack of options once you have, with no eating/drinking places being open and long queues at the shops and when you get in they've sold out of whatever it was you went there for in the first place

but you can of course go for a walk in the park - again...
    Yeah i know i can leave the house but as you say you dont have options when you do. No point going to Sainsbury’s just for sake of it.

I’m lucky I live on a farm so can walk the dogs and get fresh air but its frustrating not being able to see my Grandparents or friends etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So bored today I decided to bake a cake. Never done it before in my life.

I feel this could be an essential life skill if it comes out nice.

Cake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what wives are for

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big fan of this guy (not Cordon, the funny guy)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The death toll does seem to be coming down.

Still high in the sense of 600 deaths is a lot of families in mourning but in the context of where it was a week ago.

Not bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully they’ve got a strategy in place for relaxing some lockdown measures when this current 3 week period is over. Obviously won’t mean going back to life as it was but something’s got to give.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah social distancing shit is here for a long time to come realistically.

Rumours that the Tory backbenchers are kicking off for some relaxation of the measures.