Page 152 of 263 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    So are we actually going to sign anyone over the next few days or is it just about clearing the wage bill and making that all important profit?

The fact Wenger said the Lemar deal is dead and now Liverpool are testing the waters is embarrassing. The bloke is a fraud and has no grasp on what is going on anymore.
    Jonny Evans is the latest rumour. Other than that, nothing - unless you want to take the Draxler and Arsenio rumours seriously.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I think that he has no grasp on what's going on was laid bare in his interview yesterday. Take away the bollocks of the no time for emotion and yesterday like against Bayern Munich it's one of the few times he is honest both in what he says and his body language. His body language betrayed that he really was totally dumbfounded by yesterday, of course he shouldn't be but genuinely think he lives in this bubble where it's 2004 and his players just have to turn up and play their game and teams will be brushed aside.

He said cryptically there was a reason for what happened which will become clear, not that there was any real surprise. The atmosphere is players telling him they don't want to be at the club anymore. Because they have to think of themselves and their careers.

In Sanchez and Ox he started two players that aren't interested in being at this football club anymore
    I must tell you that everything will be said in my book, which I will sell at a premium (conveniently forgetting about value).
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimately that decision will come from the owner yes, my argument is that if Wenger could cultivate a relationship with Kroenke why has Gazidis not been able to.
    I think that's kind of straightforward.

For all the shit we give Kroenke on here, he's not a stupid or ignorant man - you don't typically become that rich by being so. He knows full well that it's Wenger who's essentially built the modern day Arsenal and transformed the club into the global brand and powerhouse it is right and in the process has been the one responsible for making the shareholders obscenely rich. So bearing that in mind, Kroneke is clearly going to pay more heed and attention to Wenger's wishes rather than Gazidis' - he's been the money maker.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    So are we actually going to sign anyone over the next few days or is it just about clearing the wage bill and making that all important profit?

The fact Wenger said the Lemar deal is dead and now Liverpool are testing the waters is embarrassing. The bloke is a fraud and has no grasp on what is going on anymore.
    Honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if Gazidis tries to desperately reignite the Lemar deal in a bid (in his view) to try and calm & assauge fan pressure & anger ala some of the last minute trolley dashes we've done in the past in similar situations. It'd funny and typical if we end up paying 65 million for him in a desperate bid to ensure we get him ahead of Pool whilst 50 million would have been enough a month ago.

Draxler's also possible considering he's surplus to requirements at PSG right now and Wenger's had a hard on for him for ages.

The Asensio rumours are absolutely laughable though. He's the darling child at Real Madrid, the best team in the world right now and being heralded as the future ....... why in the hell would he leave there to come to our circus right now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even that ITK Madness mug is saying we're not in for anyone as of right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we both know the chairman is just a ornamental position

You seem to think that I'm saying Gazidis could or should have fired Wenger. Ultimately that decision will come from the owner yes, my argument is that if Wenger could cultivate a relationship with Kroenke why has Gazidis not been able to. Why does he have no influence over Kroenke to say this isn't working I need your authority to put my foot down especially when Wenger has been able to come to him and say give me a free hand you won't have to be involved.

I imagine Kroenke prefers to be as hands off with the club as possible, so when Wenger came to him about the contract I imagine he was like "yeah no problem, the less I have to involve myself the better".

For me going forward the manager should have no direct involvement with Kroenke whatsoever, he reports to the chief executive and presides over a set management structure that he has agreed with the chief executive.

I'm saying that I don't trust Gazidis going forward to maintain that kind of strength of relationship. And as I say there's no question things won't improve until Wenger goes, the question is whether things will improve after he goes. And my personal view is that to guarantee that requires Gazidis to go very shortly after Wenger.
    Read up on what attracted Kroenke to Arsenal. Wenger didn't cultivate a relationship with Stan. Stan was in love with Wenger from the very start and held him in high esteem before taking over.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-he-wants.html

You say the Chairman position is ornamental but have a hard time grasping that it's also the same case with the Chief Executive position.

How comes Ivan can't influence Stan? God knows. You might as well ask why Sir Chips has no influence. If rumours are true of Josh Kroenke wanting Henry involved with the club, you then must question how comes his own son has no influence.

Extend that question further down the pecking order and you can ask why Steve Bould has no influence over the players or manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, if Mustafi goes that's 2 of our 3 big signings from last summer out the door. I'm presuming Perez is going this week too, be it on loan or permanent.

A complete waste of 50m. I'm honestly not bothered if we sign anyone this week, how can anyone trust Wenger anymore?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexis has handed in a transfer request, according to reports.

Great player, genuine winner and modern day world class player. Will be missed.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's face it, we are well and truly fucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Alexis has handed in a transfer request, according to reports.

Great player, genuine winner and modern day world class player. Will be missed.
    Denied emphatically by the club.

So it's true.
    Für eure Sicherheit