Page 152 of 707 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    It's absolutely mad that the President of the USA has told people to inject themselves with disinfectant.

He should be in prison.
    If it kills off a few morons it's no bad thing, in fact it's probably the only sensible thing trump's done yet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We move up to 4th in the world for deaths/million (ignoring places like Andorra whose tiny populations skew things somewhat).
    Top 4 trophy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Do you think the government is in control of this? Like they can decide and people will just obey? They won't. And they aren't. I stopped at plenty of traffic lights today, allowing streams of people to cross. No distance. No masks. Old, young, skateboarders, people with their kids. Meanwhile in my neck of the woods, suburban, middle class, people are still locked down. Why that is, I'm not sure.
    I'm in a (relatively) leafy suburb of London and generally I see people playing by the rules.
    I can't sensibly talk about what things are like in inner city London because I've not been there...because I'm playing by the rules.
    Obviously this is not enforceable and they just have to ask everyone nicely, but people are famously stupid and selfish and so a lot won't behave.

The only way they could really get a proper grip on this is to go nuclear and tell people they can't go out at all unless they have to work.
    But people need to shop or look after elderly relatives and so on, it's all completely impossible to enforce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    If it kills off a few morons it's no bad thing, in fact it's probably the only sensible thing trump's done yet
    I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain that he actually didn't suggest we should all drink bleach and it's just our TDS and fake news.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain that he actually didn't suggest we should all drink bleach and it's just our TDS and fake news.
    maybe but i don't think it will be this woman ...

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Lewis3/st...82576699969537

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, he didn't. But he did ramble on for a minute with a load of nonsense

Some people may believe that the media over-obsess about Trump and they may have a point but holy shit he gives them a lot of ammo.
    Just stop rambling on about this sort of thing, you don't know what you're talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TDS victims are slowly driving increasing numbers away from the genuine dementia patient being run as opposition. So they serve a useful purpose in one respect.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shopping today. Huge queue all the way down the street. This started out as the community all being in it together and making do in the face of a crisis. But it's easy to see the weariness that has descended. That spirit seems to be gone. This must be what it felt like in those communist utopias where bread was available for all, provided they waited long enough and if they could still afford it.

The same staff have been present in the supermarket for weeks now. Unless they are on the tills, where screens have been erected and some (but no longer all) staff are wearing gloves and fewer are wearing masks, none of the other workers have protection and they are intermingling with the shoppers. Either there's no virus on the loose in this town because most of those staff would have contracted it by now. Or else they have all contracted it but haven't noticed.

There was even flour on the shelves today, so maybe the great baking project is dying down. Plenty of stocks of everything else. It's pretty much normality except for this invisible enemy that lurks everywhere. If the 6 trillion dollar profit potential vaccine can be rushed through without proper safety trials and injected into everyone at our own financial expense (and whatever else expense arises) then I suppose we can stop being worried about the invisible enemy that lurks everywhere, until it mutates into the next profit opportunity.

Meanwhile in states in the US that haven't locked down since this began, there's no sign of a runaway epidemic. But it's not the sort of news that useful in the race for the vaccine. If people thought they didn't need that vaccine then profits could plunge. It's a bit like the existing preventative treatments that have been proven to work on large sample groups and have already worked for years in several nations. The worst thing that could happen now is for patent free, cheap drugs to pitch up and ruin the profit bonanza. Fortunately the "guided by the science" people and the media have poured gallons of petrol on this risky reality and set it ablaze. It's also odd that the key ingredients for preventative remedies were the only items not available at the supermarket. So, leaving aside the fake news bullshit about disinfectant that the loons have been running with today, it's encouraging to see that saner people can do a bit of research and find some easy solutions that have always been available.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering the likes of Gates, Soros, Rockefeller and the Clintons are such nice people who do such amazing charitable work, considering they are richer combined than many nation states, wouldn't it be a marvellous demonstration of their bountiful generosity if they all committed to producing and providing a vaccine for free? To the whole world?

That would be nice, wouldn't it? It would show just how wonderful these "philanthropists" really are.

Come on Bill, do it FOR the children (rather than TO the children).
    Für eure Sicherheit