Page 161 of 321 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 3206

Thread: Good Bye RVP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Rumours at the moment are that we will be looking at lewandowski as a potential rvp replacement
    Doubt it. But I do think we'll have to get another name on the same stature as Podolski and Giroud. It better in midfield though.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Doubt it. But I do think we'll have to get another name on the same stature as Podolski and Giroud. It better in midfield though.
    The mirror reckons juventus are in pole position to sign rvp with an improved offer and £180'000 a week contract.

They say we're looking at lewandowski and Jovetic as potential replacements.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ventus-1134276

I'd be less annoyed with him if he fucked off abroad tbh, don't want him to join citeh or utd.

But if we are genuinely looking at replacements then it proves that podolski and giroud were additions and not replacements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call me deluded but I'm starting to think what Keith said on here could turn out. I called Rooney staying even after he said he wanted out (still waiting for that cookie tbh). He got an improved contract offer and he signed. A similar Vieira style 11th hour BS u-turn about how he loves the club too much to leave shouldn't be written off. It could happen even now.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call me deluded but I'm starting to think what Keith said on here could turn out. I called Rooney staying even after he said he wanted out (still waiting for that cookie tbh). He got an improved contract offer and he signed. A similar Vieira style 11th hour BS u-turn about how he loves the club too much to leave shouldn't be written off. It could happen even now.
    That would be all well and good but I think the writting is on the wall.

He would have a lot of making up to do for that reckless statement he put out.

I'm more inclined to think selling him to juve and buying lewandowski or someone else maybe a better option. As long as there are still other targets that we are after of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    He would have a lot of making up to do for that reckless statement he put out.
    Nah...we were well on the way to forgiving Adebayor after he scored a few early on. Man Utd fans were right behind Rooney after he scores a few. Liverpool with Gerrard...fans are fickle. If Van Persie starts playing well for us, he could pretty much turn into Joey Barton and he'd still have a lot of support.

Forget about another striker IMO. The club's done its business on that front. The area that needs a lot more work is midfield and I'm sure - if the M'Vila interest is genuine - the club is looking very much on that right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything happen in the last few days?

I heard some disloyal, injury-prone, chocolate-legged, one-season wonder posted some mischievous ghost-written nonsense on his self-promotion portal rather than simply request a transfer.

But of course, because of his immeasurable respect for his fans, his fellow players and his ever-loyal manager, the dignified course of action was to disrespect the aforementioned parties by ensuring they and the club he so dearly loves were collectively mired in the worst possible situation.

Can this be confirmed? I am a fan and I need an update.
    Last edited by Master Splinter; 06-07-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I saw RVP replacing his Arsenal picture on twitter with his orange-jersey picture ( his national team ) , I started to worry about him . This could be a blessing in disguise . RVP has taken the blame for instigating his exit but yet he has spoke out what we were saying too low . Through our" hero " RVP , the board have finally heard our voice and are aware of our long-term concern . Forcing Van Persie to stay is not the ideal solution . Persie has made it clear he wants out . What the point of keeping him against will ? Why stick with an unhappy " captain "? the best way would be to replace him with another quality player and invest in other areas such as defence and midfield . Fellaini from Everton and Vertoghen , anyone ?
    DO NOT POSTPONE TODAY'S DUTY FOR TOMORROW .IT MAY BE TOO LATE .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Anything happen in the last few days?

I heard some disloyal, injury-prone, chocolate-legged, one-season wonder posted some mischievous ghost-written nonsense on his self-promotion portal rather than simply request a transfer.

But of course, because of his immeasurable respect for his fans, his fellow players and his ever-loyal manager, the dignified course of action was to disrespect the aforementioned parties by ensuring they and the club he so dearly loves were collectively mired in the worst possible situation.

Can this be confirmed? I am a fan and I need an update.
    Nooooo, silly. It was Wengets fault.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah...we were well on the way to forgiving Adebayor after he scored a few early on. Man Utd fans were right behind Rooney after he scores a few. Liverpool with Gerrard...fans are fickle. If Van Persie starts playing well for us, he could pretty much turn into Joey Barton and he'd still have a lot of support.

Forget about another striker IMO. The club's done its business on that front. The area that needs a lot more work is midfield and I'm sure - if the M'Vila interest is genuine - the club is looking very much on that right now.
    Difference is age. And I just can't see us giving RVP a long deal. He'll be 30 by the end of the season.

Get shot I reckon.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are people so shocked by RVP's reaction and statement? Don't you think he's reacting to what's been written about him in the press and these sort of statements from the club.

PHW

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has revealed that Arsenal will not break the bank to keep hold of star player Robin van Persie.

The Dutch hitman has been in imperious form this season, notching an impressive tally of 30 Premier League goals on his way to becoming PFA and FWA Player of the Year, and has attracted interest from champions Manchester City, Italian giants Juventus and wealthy Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala.

The forward still has one year remaining on his contract at the Emirates, but despite holding contract talks with manager Arsene Wenger before reporting for Euro 2012 international duty with the Netherlands, the 29-year-old's future still remains unclear.
    “He is vital to us and has been an extremely good captain,” Hill-Wood told The Sun.
    “But if somebody comes along and offers Robin £250,000 a week then I am afraid we cannot compete with that.
    “With players, you never know what they are going to do.
    “Some players say they want silverware but when they have the chance to earn *extraordinary money that has been pumped into the game, then you just have to hope they will stay *because they are happy and loyal where they are."

Van Persie joined the Gunners back in 2004 for just £2.5 million and has since taken the mantle after the departure of Arsenal legend Thierry Henry, and although Hill-Wood insists he will not make alterations to the club's strict wage structure to keep the Dutchman, he is hoping Van Persie's loyalty will be rewarded with a Premier League winner's medal next season.
    “There are players like Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes at Manchester United who have been loyal to one club but players like that are few and far between," he added.
    “Hopefully we can reach *agreement with Robin and ideally he will extend his contract.
    “We have already brought in one new player in Lukas *Podolski and I believe we will bring in more. I am confident we will, in fact.
    “I just hope that Robin will be with us next season because I genuinely feel we can make a real challenge for the *Premier League title.
    “We had an atrocious start to last season but we recovered to finish third which was a marvellous achievement when you look at the problems that we had with *injuries.”
    This was released after he already rejected a contract extension. That must have pissed him off. It was agreed by the club and RVP that there would be an announcement after the Euros and everything that was discussed in that meeting would be kept private by both parties.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...No-rush-on-RVP

Gazidis told Arsenal's official club website: "Robin sat down with us at the end of the season and we had a good discussion.

"What we agreed at that meeting was that we would keep all the discussions we had over the summer to ourselves and make announcements when it is the right time.

"We have to respect the fact we have agreed to keep that among ourselves.

"Robin is clearly focused on the Euros at the moment and we wish him well, and at the right time we will make the right announcements."
    So what the heck was PHW playing at? He openly questioned his integrity and linked the case to money over trophies with full knowledge of what was said in that meeting. Robin had a gag order placed on him and wasn't able to dispute the claims. He comes back from the Euros and the club still haven't made an announcement, yet Wenger is still saying he's confident RVP will stay, we've supported him, we're not selling him to Juve....the club kept on stalling and suggesting he's staying while we're all under the impression that the sticking point is the wages or he's waiting to see who we sign, when a decision was made before the Euros.

This is why RVP made a statement. It was a bad move and it doesn't look good on him but I get the feeling he felt as if the club tried to smear his image while gagged and make out as if it's about money. This is why it has turned ugly.