0 Thread(s)
    get seaman in as GK coach.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arshavin slams 'boring' Arsenal

The Russia international was allowed to leave the club on a free transfer after losing his place in the side, and has expressed his frustration with life on the substitutes bench

Zenit winger Andrey Arshavin has claimed he "nearly suffered depression" because he was so bored during his final season with Arsenal.

Arshavin became the clubs’ record signing after arriving in a €17.5 million deal from Zenit St Petersburg in 2009 but re-joined the Russian club on Thursday following the expiration of his Gunners contract.

The 32-year-old featured in just seven league games in the 2012-13 campaign and suggested it felt like "punishment" to train each week knowing a first-team place was out of reach.

"The fact is I didn’t want to stay in England, this was clear since January," Arshavin told Sport Express.

"I don’t regret anything, but I had to leave.

"It was a punishment sat on the bench. To train even though you know you won’t play – it is psychologically difficult.

"I nearly suffered depression, but I didn’t because I’m mentally strong. The monotony of life there was crushing me."

Arshavin was the highest profile name in a list of 14 players not offered new contracts at the club this summer, allowing him to officially join his former club on July 1.

Zenit are looking to regain the Russian Premier League title from rivals CSKA Moscow, who trumped them to the prize by just two points last season.
    Should have played much more last season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    You reckon! Sure having a player running -or even walking - around the pitch disinterested the moment the ball is not within 5 yards from his feet really would have helped the cause. He was a mistake we just have to live with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Rooney is a ****. If he joins us, he'll be our **** and that's the best kind of **** to be.

For example, Messi is hated by all true football fans due to his unnatural way of getting to the top of the game plus his diving and moaning and he's a far bigger **** than Rooney but would anyone say no to him?
    Come on, now your just being silly.

If you just don't like him for some irrational reason, just say so - don't start making up shit to justify it.

One of Messi's main attributes thats recognised throughout football is that he - for all the times he gets kicked around during a match - just gets up and gets on with it, no moaning or diving around, he doesn't need to - why dive when your capable of scoring over 90 goals in a calendar year - he'd probably end up with fewer goals if he did. unlike players like Bale and Neymar - the later being especially embarrassing during the ConFed tourney. You never see that with Messi.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He dives every game. I've seen him more than enough to make that claim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He dives every game. I've seen him more than enough to make that claim.
    in modern football most players dive from time to time - remember Owen v Argentina, but few go on about that one.

Not so far back Pires, Reyes and Freddie loved a tumble at the first opportunity.

All im saying is for a modern attacking flair player (in which diving unfortunately has become part of their armoury) Messi at least for a vast majority of the time his primary motivation is to ride a tackle and advance on goal - as his stats testify - there's little benefit in him wanting to cheat a free kick/pen when his almost certainly gonna score if he gets a chance.
    Last edited by bunsco; 29-06-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. His one goal in nineteen league appearances the season before certainly make a strong case for regular first choice football.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yes. His one goal in nineteen league appearances the season before certainly make a strong case for regular first choice football.
    Remember, coming on for 2 minutes as a sub counts as an appearance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Pretty much. He would have played more had he not been a lazy shite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he would have played more last season, if he accepted a lower pay offer from another club. he didnt, he also would have known last summer that he was not wanted here given he was sent on loan for the second half of the season before. so he stayed because he was going to get money and then he has the balls to claim he was close to depression. disgusting. good riddance to him